Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Browsing History?

Search this Thread

Old 16 May 2013, 11:04 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Browsing History?

I have a newish desktop using Explorer and Windows 7 which replaced an ancient XP machine.

I transferred my list of favourites but cannot now find out how to check my browsing History e.g. find a site that I was looking at a week ago. Help just says hit History button but I can't see one!!

Help please. David

=======
Old 16 May 2013, 11:30 AM
JuergenG
Scooby Regular

I suppose you mean Internet Explorer by Explorer? If so, you can press the little star in the upper right corner right below the "X" you use to close the application. In the sidebar that gets revealed, you should see a tab named "History" or similar. Other than that, you just could press ctrl+h to go directly to that tab.
Old 16 May 2013, 12:04 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JuergenG
I suppose you mean Internet Explorer by Explorer? If so, you can press the little star in the upper right corner right below the "X" you use to close the application. In the sidebar that gets revealed, you should see a tab named "History" or similar. Other than that, you just could press ctrl+h to go directly to that tab.
Yes sorry I mean Internet Explorer.

I am still getting used to Windows 7 and if I want to go to my Favourites list I hit Start on bottom left of screen and then get a drop down list which includes my Favourites list. I can then access any site stored on the list. Doing it this way I cannot see the X you mention and ctrl+h does nothing. Obviously I have the basics wrong.

David
Old 16 May 2013, 12:33 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ctrl shift h ?
Old 16 May 2013, 12:40 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

J,

ctrl shift h does nothing. Perhaps I am getting to Favourites the wrong way but it is so frustrating !

D
Old 16 May 2013, 02:22 PM
JuergenG
Scooby Regular

Oh, you're using your favorites over the start menu. That changes everything To get to your history, you have to start/execute Internet Explorer first. To do that: If you have the blue "e" icon right next to your start button, click that. Otherwise click the start button and type "internet" (or some other first letters of "internet explorer", e.g. "intern" or "inte") and the start menu should change and show you "internet explorer". Then click that. An Internet Explorer window should pop up. When you have that window active, you can press ctrl+h to get the history.
Old 16 May 2013, 03:22 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Terrific

Got there in the end so thank you for your patience.

Happy David

======