Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Video Conferencing

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 2013, 05:45 PM
GeeDee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video Conferencing

We have Polycom VC kit which has worked for years using ISDN and we have recently been asked to use an IP solution which is possible with our system.

We have configured it to run IP and can connect to the Polycom test sites using straight IP addresses.

However, the address of the system we need to connect into has the following format 93702@***.***.***.*** and when we try to connect we get an error message to say "system could not complete call" and either "invalid number format" or "Unallocated (unassigned) number" in the log files.

I've tried all different configurations with the initial number left off, as an extension, using # or ## or : instead of the @ and with the initial number after the IP address to no avail.

I guess there is always the possibility that the number I've been given is wrong but, apart from the Polycom test sites which take you to a video I don't have anyone else to connect to.

Can anyone help please?
Old 17 April 2013, 07:06 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Judging from the format of some of the test numbers on Polycom's website, your address should be written like this:
***.***.***.***##93702 or
***.***.***.***## 93702

Sounds like you might have already tried that though, so I'd log a support call with Polycom, see what they say.

Edit:
It also looks like you might be missing a digit from your prefix or suffix number (again, if Polycom's test numbers are anything to go by).

Last edited by markjmd; 17 April 2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old 18 April 2013, 08:11 AM
GeeDee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by markjmd
Judging from the format of some of the test numbers
***.***.***.***##93702 or
***.***.***.***## 93702

Edit:
It also looks like you might be missing a digit from your prefix or suffix number (again, if Polycom's test numbers are anything to go by).
I haven't tried the option with the space but I think I've now identified the problem in that the firewall ports which need opening for the VC were wrong - right numbers wrong order! Just waiting for the company managing the firewall to update them.