Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

3D TV....

Search this Thread

Old 07 January 2013, 06:33 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3D TV....

I just wondered what you think if you have one. Bought mine Boxing Day and have watched a few films to date and I have to say I'm enjoying it...
Old 07 January 2013, 07:00 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

i love mine. i was an early adopter had mine 2 years now. a samsung plasma and ive got a fair collection of 3d stuff now. love documentries like the universe in 3d. also nature programs especially underwater ones look great. animation really works well and i find myself watching kids movies like bolt and monsters v aliens lol. the samsung has a 2d to 3d function and occasionally i,ll use it if there,s a good nature program on bbc hd.
Old 07 January 2013, 10:27 PM
nardoblue
Scooby Regular

Love mine, samsung 40" smart tv, got it just before christmas. Been playing GT5 in 3D which is awesome, love the documentories and sports stuff you get in the samsung apps. Will need to try out a few films.
Old 07 January 2013, 10:39 PM
Dave-W-
Scooby Regular

got a samsung 50inch with a terabyte hard drive for storage and instant playback
GT5 is awsome in 3D and all the nature programs look stunning
football is good too very happy with it
Old 08 January 2013, 09:04 AM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Panasonic plasma 3D, bought for picture quality primarily, 3D was a nice extra. Haven't watched a great deal of stuff to be honest but what I have seen has been pretty cool. Shame they didn't broadcast more of the Olympic stuff in it as I thought that was quite impressive.
Old 08 January 2013, 09:30 AM
LEO-RS
Scooby Regular

Just bought a 55'' Samsung LED £1500 jobbie and the picture quality is amazing. The guy had it sold to me as soon as I put the glasses on and viewed their demo instore. Bought a 3d blu ray player too and signed upto sky 3d (217) and they have some good content on there too.

I would say its a much bigger step up than SD was to HD, 3d in the home on a good large display anyway is out of this world for detail. Couldn't really imagaine watching 3d on a piddly 40'' TV. When I go through to my dining room to watch a bit of football and get peace and quiet from the missus, the 42'' screen in there looks piddly, thinking of upgrading that one too.
Old 08 January 2013, 09:59 AM
sovietspybob
Scooby Regular

I got a 40" Samsung LED 3D telly before xmas, have to say i really dont like the 3D atall.

I think i might be one of the 1 in 10 people that just can't see 3D properly as it just gives me headaches and looks a bit crap! Thank god i bought it as it was a good deal and just happened to have 3D as id be pretty annoyed if i'd have bought it mainly for that!
Old 08 January 2013, 11:45 AM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Got a Panasonic 3D 42" 1st Generation Plasma. Very impressed with the set, and also got a free 1st gen Panasonic Blu-ray player with it at the time (2 years ago).
Uses the powered active 3D glasses (got 2 pairs for free also), then later went and got the latter rechargeable ones which are now like sunglasses so proper 1080P 3D content can be viewed.
Have plenty of content from viryaully all 3D films. Best 3D experience has been with the IMAX documentary stuff. Got sold on the 3D content after visiting an IMAX and watching the superman film that had 30 minutes of 3D footage back in 2006 and was blown away from there. Most of the IMAX stuff you can get for TV is comparable to the stuff I have seen at the IMAX.
Just make sure you setup your TV set properly. At the moment I use the THX setting on my set, and it makes things better.
Not bothered with Sky 3D as to me its a rip off. 1 channel with not much on. And anything they show isnt in full 1080P
Did watch the queens speech on christmas day televised on BBC HD in 3D, which was good.
Old 08 January 2013, 05:52 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

I got a 46" Samsung just before Xmas which does 3D. I bought a few films to give it a test (show it off to the family when they're over for Xmas) but I'm not that convinced by it. I find it uncomfortable to watch, difficult to explain but if I'm trying to focus on the 3d elements it strains my eyes, I almost have force myself not concentrate on a particular part of the image then it doesn't seem to 'hurt'.

Last edited by Neanderthal; 08 January 2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old 08 January 2013, 05:53 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3d ****.................................
Old 08 January 2013, 06:11 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

We originally went out to buy a bed in the sales but never made it to the bed shopw due to my detour to Currys.

TBH there is nothing wrong with my LCD Samsung I replaced but just fancied a Xmas treat to myself'' I walked out with an LG "47 LED Smart TV which has the dual play technology for gaming, a very nice TV.
Old 08 January 2013, 10:02 PM
sovietspybob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Neanderthal
but I'm not that convinced by it. I find it uncomfortable to watch, difficult to explain but if I'm trying to focus on the 3d elements it strains my eyes, I almost have force myself not concentrate on a particular part of the image then it doesn't seem to 'hurt'.
thats what i find
Old 09 January 2013, 07:23 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

It's bound to happen to some extent. The 3D effect makes things appear in front of or behind the screen, but your eyes still need to focus on the plane of the screen to give a sharp image. Constantly trying to focus in the right place can cause eye strain.