Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Anyone got a PS Vita?

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 2012, 11:37 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Question Anyone got a PS Vita?

There is a very good deal on at a games shop which was tempting me to get a Vita however upon reading up the game content doesn't sound any better than the old PSPs in that the games are heavily cut down versions of the PS3 version?

Is that right? I don't want a cut down Fifa13 or COD so if they are charging £40+ for Vita games but they are half the PS3 content then no thanks.
Old 16 November 2012, 12:01 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one and the games are nowhere near as cut down as you used to get with PSP or DS versions of games.

Most of my current games are Vita specific, but I have played Lego Batman 2 on both PS3 and Vita formats. They are very, very similar. I intend to get LBP Karting on both as well as Battle Royale which is a cross-buy game, so the Vita download is free I hear NFS:MW is very similar on the Vita, just less traffic. Resistance is great too.

So . . . yes, the games are either Vita specific versions or slightly cut down compared to the PS3, but not nearly as heavily as they used to be.
Old 16 November 2012, 12:45 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

It's not a portable PS3 but is much more powerful than the PSP.
Old 16 November 2012, 12:52 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks, there is a deal for the wifi Vita with 4gb card, COD Black Ops 2, Fifa 13 and Need for Speed MW for £229 which is what got me tempted as that covers all bases for me, football, driving and shoot em up but concerned what their game quality/content will be like. I think the NFS is the best one out the 3 for content according to reviews i've seen.