Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

iPhone 4 Home button doesnt work all the time

Search this Thread

Old 12 March 2012, 12:10 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPhone 4 Home button doesnt work all the time

Recently I've started to notice that when I press the home button it doesnt always work ie when minimising an app. At first you just think maybe I didnt hit it flush or use enough force but over the past couple of weeks its definetly occurred more often.

Anyone had this issue? I did some googling and found some long threads on the Apple Forums but many reporting issues after upgrading to iOS 4.3.1 but I must admit I'm quite bad at doing updates (partly as I dislike iTunes) and mine is actually running 4.1.

Sounds like many have had Apple replace handset. Suppose I should try that first but are they likely to first suggest / make me upgrade iOS version as that "might be the problem" even though its worked fine until recently?

Normally I tend to fleabay my handsets when I upgrade and I dont want someone coming back saying the home button is busted.

Cheers
Simon
Old 12 March 2012, 12:18 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

A common problem with the iPhone 4, but luckily Apple's customer service is legendary. My advice would be to take it to an Apple Store and tell them what's wrong with it and they may just replace it for free or for a small nominal charge on the spot.

Failing that you can get it fixed (I think there is even a user on here who does it - if so can someone post up his details) for a reasonable cost.
Old 12 March 2012, 12:24 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Username is modifications
Old 12 March 2012, 04:48 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

I had the same problem on my '4 and had it repaired by modifications for a very reasonable price inc return postage, very quick repair as well.