Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Latop + external sound card

Search this Thread

Old 19 August 2011, 04:51 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Latop + external sound card

this seems like a great spec for the money

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/packar...62695-pdt.html

I was thinking of buying it and using an external video card to improve the picture quality for when I run it to my projector. Has anyone here tried external sound and video with a lap top ?

I also wondered wether I could use it as like a NAS as well so my other lap top can be moved to a different room and still have acesss to pictures video etc ? It seems easier doing it that way rather than buying yet another electrical device to put in the house
Old 19 August 2011, 09:09 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

about the external sound card,yes i use before with my Dell without the problem,i've use Tascam USB sound card,nice piece of kit,this sound card i use mainly for making music.
For you i would have look for Asus Xonar or Sound Blaster X-Fi HD(some of these support THX,5.1)

About the external graphic card(GPU),ViDock i know is available on market,Asus XG station is not available after all and AMD XGP not sure if its available on market or its still in progress,MSi working on something similar.
But still think its not worth buying external graphic card for laptop,if you are not playing Crysis 2/Crysis 1 on full details or you are working with Maya,3D Max etc.

Your selected laptop have dedicated Intel HD graphic card,which is not great for gaming,but still good for playing some older games and playing movies in BlueRay quality or x264 quality too.

About the NAS is good addition to any house.

Jura