Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

FOA slugmyster

Search this Thread

Old 31 July 2011, 01:11 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default FOA slugmyster

Sorry to do this but the previous thread was closed, and i'm not after an argument or being a pedant or a fan boy.

I hope you can understand my point of view.

Like i said previously, i don't do anything fancy with my computers.

all i really want is something that does what it says on the tin.

I gave microsoft and pc's / laptops more than enough opportunities to prove their worth.

i'm not a computer boffin but i do have lots of friends that are, and they have over the years given me the benifit of thier supposed wisdom on computers.

All this dvx 7200 bla, bla, bla means shyte to me, and i really have no interest what so ever in such matters prety much the same as the vast majority of people i suspect.

I live in a modern world where computers are a necessety (spelling) see i don't even know how to use the spell checker and i don't care, i never downloaded a picture because i don't know how to and guess what i don't care.

All i really want is that the fooking thing works when i want it to, and i could not give a flying **** how much it costs or who makes it and what their marketing stratagey or moral stand point is matters to me about as much as the size of your d1ck.

The only thing i ask is that it does what it is supposed to do.

And i really thank god even though i don't believein religion for my APPLE MAC BOOK AIR>
Old 31 July 2011, 09:42 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and breathe fella............
Old 31 July 2011, 10:18 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

It's all your fault
Old 31 July 2011, 10:27 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
Sorry to do this but the previous thread was closed, and i'm not after an argument or being a pedant or a fan boy.

I hope you can understand my point of view.

Like i said previously, i don't do anything fancy with my computers.

all i really want is something that does what it says on the tin.

I gave microsoft and pc's / laptops more than enough opportunities to prove their worth.

i'm not a computer boffin but i do have lots of friends that are, and they have over the years given me the benifit of thier supposed wisdom on computers.

All this dvx 7200 bla, bla, bla means shyte to me, and i really have no interest what so ever in such matters prety much the same as the vast majority of people i suspect.

I live in a modern world where computers are a necessety (spelling) see i don't even know how to use the spell checker and i don't care, i never downloaded a picture because i don't know how to and guess what i don't care.

All i really want is that the fooking thing works when i want it to, and i could not give a flying **** how much it costs or who makes it and what their marketing stratagey or moral stand point is matters to me about as much as the size of your d1ck.

The only thing i ask is that it does what it is supposed to do.

And i really thank god even though i don't believein religion for my APPLE MAC BOOK AIR>
I know it's not aimed at me, but can I just say what a good post that is. PCs didn't work for you so you found something that did and you just want to use it and get on with doing what it is you want to do without worrying about what you are uisng to do it.

I use PCs, I grew up with them, I don't think they are better or worse than Macs... they all do the same thing at the end of the day... I even have a Mac mini for testing purposes, but I know my way around a PC and it does everything I want it to do so I use it.

I think the whole Mac vs PC argument is pretty much pointless really as they do the same thing just in different ways and you should choose whichever you prefer.

If I was starting from scratch I would probably still go the PC route, but that is only because my selection criterai would be heavily influenced by price and Macs are more expensive to purchase than PCs although they arguably last longer.

Too many people on here seem to spend their time focusing on the hardware and not what they want it to do much like a lot of hi-fi buffs listen to the system and not to the music.

Last edited by f1_fan; 31 July 2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 31 July 2011, 11:03 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
I know it's not aimed at me, but can I just say what a good post that is. PCs didn't work for you so you found something that did and you just want to use it and get on with doing what it is you want to do without worrying about what you are uisng to do it.

I use PCs, I grew up with them, I don't think they are better or worse than Macs... they all do the same thing at the end of the day... I even have a Mac mini for testing purposes, but I know my way around a PC and it does everything I want it to do so I use it.

I think the whole Mac vs PC argument is pretty much pointless really as they do the same thing just in different ways and you should choose whichever you prefer.

If I was starting from scratch I would probably still go the PC route, but that is only because my selection criterai would be heavily influenced by price and Macs are more expensive to purchase than PCs although they arguably last longer.

Too many people on here seem to spend their time focusing on the hardware and not what they want it to do much like a lot of hi-fi buffs listen to the system and not to the music.
For once I actually agree with you
Old 31 July 2011, 12:12 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Bloody Hell, me too.
Old 31 July 2011, 01:16 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can we sticky this thread?

Tony
Old 31 July 2011, 04:54 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by f1_fan

Old 31 July 2011, 05:20 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

This thread is boring without trolling, insults and other corners being thrown in....

Mart
Old 31 July 2011, 05:31 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mart360
This thread is boring without trolling, insults and other corners being thrown in....

Mart
It seems some harmless winding up isn't allowed on here anymore.

How these People get on in the real world god knows

Last edited by Ant; 31 July 2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 31 July 2011, 05:33 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Just for you Mart I'll mention the fact that you never see a post like this from someone moving from a Mac to a PC. Proving once more that Mac's are Superiour. Even f1_fan agrees.
Old 31 July 2011, 05:50 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JackClark
Just for you Mart I'll mention the fact that you never see a post like this from someone moving from a Mac to a PC. Proving once more that Mac's are Superiour. Even f1_fan agrees.
Mac's what are Superior?

Even F1 can punctuate
Old 31 July 2011, 06:02 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

android is the way forward, you all know it :nods:
Old 31 July 2011, 07:05 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigsinky