Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

jtag xbox - help please !!

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2011, 05:34 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jtag xbox - help please !!

Anyone here into the xbox jtag scene son was after a jtag , got him one that had all the games pre installed on an external HDD along with some call duty mod patches that he kept talking about , xcx menu etc etc !! can get the games playing okay from the drive but having trouble getting the patches / mod menu to show up.

its all beyond me !! but did promise the young lad I would try help him out.

anyone have a clue what I am talking about able to help us out ??
Old 08 July 2011, 06:29 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This maybe help

http://dznmods.net/showthread.php?86...atch-on-a-JTAG

Jura
Old 08 July 2011, 08:13 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Cheers mate appreciatte that will check it out, you into this side off things yourself or just find the link ??!!
Old 08 July 2011, 08:19 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jono300
Cheers mate appreciatte that will check it out, you into this side off things yourself or just find the link ??!!
I've just find link,i don't have modded Xbox

Jura
Old 08 July 2011, 09:21 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

No problems mate, again thanks for that.
Old 09 July 2011, 12:12 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Ask at afterdawns website they're very helpfull
Old 10 July 2011, 05:36 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Ask Nigel, as in knock off. Nice lesson you're teaching your kids there, be proud.
Old 10 July 2011, 06:14 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Quote " Ask Nigel, as in knock off

there a lot more to worry about in life pal but if it keeps you happy in taking the time to add unhelpful replies to folks questions then just keep doing it am sure most off us are not too bothered about what you have to say.

funny when I noticed it was your username that had replied to this post something told me it would not be a helpful post like the ones above, guess I must be getting to know you and usual replies now !!
Old 10 July 2011, 06:24 PM
Truss
Scooby Regular

For what its worth, if he plays online, he will get caught out and xbox live will track your ip to keep him off live.
Im not sure if you're aware, but jtagged consoles can hack into other consoles to take details.
Unless the pair of you are really clued up with what this equipment can do, it really isnt worth it.
Old 10 July 2011, 06:40 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Who mentioned playing online with it ?? and well to be honest off my limited knowledge off jtag consoles then no I did not realise that they could hack into other consoles to take details off other accounts and would be very, very surprised if indeed this is the case.

but thank you do appreciatte you pointing this out even thou both going online with the jtag and hacking into other folks accounts are the last thing I would ever encourage him to do belive it or not !!!
Old 10 July 2011, 07:44 PM
Truss
Scooby Regular

Just thought it may be worth mentioning to you, I don't want to get your back up, im sure its just for cheap games and i doubt that he'd use it for fraudulant behaviour, but in the right/wrong hands this is common.
I would have thought he'd have wanted the mod patches to use online, that's where my assumption comes from.

Last edited by Truss; 10 July 2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 10 July 2011, 07:57 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

You're right my post is pointless, a waste of time. Parents bringing up their children thinking that stealing is OK is the norm in this country, even demonstrating how to do it in your case.

Maybe you can help me, I'd love a nice new sofa, how would you show your child how to get one out of the store without paying, I don't mind spending a few quid on a tool to help.
Old 10 July 2011, 08:18 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay no problems guys,

JackClark- sorry mate re reading your post maybe my return post was a bit OTT and yep do kinda appreciatte whay you are saying but its a bit off harmless fun that only involves other like minded modders and again in my own personal opinion its hardly a case off sending out the wrong message to your kids but as I say thats my own opinion and being a forum do appreciatte your own comments as after all thats what this place is all about.

just to add that the games that were installed on the 360 were ones that he has already purchased at full retail price anyway !!
Old 10 July 2011, 08:37 PM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JackClark
Ask Nigel, as in knock off. Nice lesson you're teaching your kids there, be proud.
Are you serious?!?!?

A JTAGED xbox is mainly used for running homebrew apps. It just so happens that when an xbox is JTAGE it removes part of the systems code which checks for legitimate code running on the system. In other words it allows for backed up games to be played, which is a by-product of having the JTAG in place, as said, that is and was not the original intention of the JTAG.

Originally Posted by Truss
For what its worth, if he plays online, he will get caught out and xbox live will track your ip to keep him off live.
Im not sure if you're aware, but jtagged consoles can hack into other consoles to take details.
Unless the pair of you are really clued up with what this equipment can do, it really isnt worth it.
Wrong, the IP address is not banned. What actually happens is the ID of the xbox is banned from Live. Its known as a KV (key vault) and they can be switched from xbox to xbox in some cases, this is using a homebrew app.

JTAGED xboxes do not trawl live looking for user details. You are forgetting that software has to be added to the xbox to enable this type of harvesting. So unless it has been actively installed by someone, it wont be looking for details.

You're right my post is pointless, a waste of time. Parents bringing up their children thinking that stealing is OK is the norm in this country, even demonstrating how to do it in your case.

Maybe you can help me, I'd love a nice new sofa, how would you show your child how to get one out of the store without paying, I don't mind spending a few quid on a tool to help.
lol, mate seriously, how do you know that the games that he is playing are not legitimately purchased and all he wants the JTAG for is simply to run mods on the game? Maybe you should do a little research before attacking people. Your out of your depth with this one mate, sorry.

OP, for information you can try The Tech Game which has sections for discussing JTAG's

Another good modding site is Se7en Sins

There are a few more forums but start with these first.

Last edited by DoZZa; 10 July 2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old 10 July 2011, 09:08 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay no problem mate appreciatte the above, as I say trust me when I say that I would be the last person to ever hack into someones account or encourage my 13 year old to do so !! and the sole purpose off the jtag was to run modded lobbies along with his friends, as you say its been blown a bit out off propotion but again as I said above do now appreciatte that different folk have different views and thats fine after all thats what forums are all about !!
Old 10 July 2011, 09:39 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Dozzer, you're only fooling yourself.
Old 11 July 2011, 09:26 AM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jono300
Okay no problem mate appreciatte the above, as I say trust me when I say that I would be the last person to ever hack into someones account or encourage my 13 year old to do so !! and the sole purpose off the jtag was to run modded lobbies along with his friends, as you say its been blown a bit out off propotion but again as I said above do now appreciatte that different folk have different views and thats fine after all thats what forums are all about !!
No worries mate.

Dozzer, you're only fooling yourself.
Do you possess vast knowledge of the xbox modding scene?
Old 11 July 2011, 09:44 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Four years ago I was paid to keep up to date with the Xbox modding scene, my knowledge wouldn't need a lot of topping up. What do you want to know? I've already told you that the jtag is used predominantly for piracy and I've made it pretty clear that I object to software theft. I'm surprised this thread is still here.

Last edited by JackClark; 11 July 2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old 11 July 2011, 09:55 AM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

Four years ago I was paid to keep up to date with the Xbox modding scene, my knowledge wouldn't need a lot of topping up. What do you want to know? I've already told you that the jtag is used predominantly for piracy and I've made it pretty clear that I object to software theft. I'm surprised this thread is still here.
lol, in what capacity was you paid to keep on top of console modding?

I dont need to know anything, I have been modding consoles for many years.

And at what point has anyone in this thread mentioned the theft of software. Oh yeah, thats right, the only one is you.
Old 11 July 2011, 10:21 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

I don't need to go into my employment details and yes the only person to mention software theft was me, no one else has the ***** to admit it. I'm sure you've enjoyed many years of homebrew software and 'back up' games. The rest of us have enjoyed paying for your free ride.
Old 11 July 2011, 10:47 AM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

I don't need to go into my employment details and yes the only person to mention software theft was me, no one else has the ***** to admit it. I'm sure you've enjoyed many years of homebrew software and 'back up' games. The rest of us have enjoyed paying for your free ride.
I'm sure you've enjoyed many years of homebrew software and 'back up' games. The rest of us have enjoyed paying for your free ride.
Careful, your bordering on libel there my friend.

If you were worth your salt then you would be forthcoming with how you happen to be paid for keeping upto date with such technologies.

Personally, I think you have no idea about this subject whatsoever.
Old 11 July 2011, 10:52 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Crack on, attempt to take me to court. I'd enjoy the ride and trust me it won't be the first time.

I was paid by a Security Company to study emerging markets, Xbox was one of these. If you try Google you can probably find papers I wrote on the subject. I don't even try to hide my name Dozza? Can you point me to your developments in the modding community? Are you worth your salt?
Old 11 July 2011, 10:57 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Jack, I have a sofa for sale!

Come on guys, agree to disagree and all that.......................
Old 11 July 2011, 10:59 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Sorry Myles but my morals won't allow me to agree with theft. I don't care if you steal for a living but rub it in my face on a pubic forum and I won't back down till the thread is deleted. How this one is still here is beyond me.

Now, about that sofa, fabric or leather?
Old 11 July 2011, 11:03 AM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

Crack on, attempt to take me to court. I'd enjoy the ride and trust me it won't be the first time.

I was paid by a Security Company to study emerging markets, Xbox was one of these. If you try Google you can probably find papers I wrote on the subject. I don't even try to hide my name Dozza? Can you point me to your developments in the modding community? Are you worth your salt?
You would enjoy being taken to court? Strange, very strange indeed.

I worked in the IS (thats Information Security if you dont know) industry for ten years, contracted by some high street banks and other agencies.

And why would I need to display my real name on a discussion forum such as this? I have nothing to hide.

If you want my details, simply PM me and I will gladly give them to you, once I am happy you are not some strange individual.
Old 11 July 2011, 11:08 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

I have no desire to know your details, it's you that's threatening me with court. I'm sure your resume benefits from your XBox modding experience.
Old 11 July 2011, 11:08 AM
stef_2010
Scooby Regular

Some peoples lifes must be truely empty
Old 11 July 2011, 11:09 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Sorry Myles but my morals won't allow me to agree with theft. I don't care if you steal for a living but rub it in my face on a pubic forum and I won't back down till the thread is deleted. How this one is still here is beyond me.

Now, about that sofa, fabric or leather?
It is leather, but well 'massaged' by the cat. I was using it as a method of mediation, but it looks as though that is out of the window. Good luck, both of you!!
Old 11 July 2011, 11:53 AM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

I have no desire to know your details
Thats good, we will leave it at that, lifes too short!
Old 11 July 2011, 10:05 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=JackClark;10130607] I won't back down till the thread is deleted. How this one is still here is beyond me.

Oh god looks like theres more than just me and you into all this stuff DoZZa !!!

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-car-re...r-modders.html