Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Second hand i-phone question about passwords

Search this Thread

Old 29 January 2011, 11:03 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Second hand i-phone question about passwords

Just a quick question about my second hand i-phone 3

I bought it off here last year and the phone was in absolutely mint condition and came jailbroken with sat-nav etc. Brilliant and no complaints

I decided to download (from my home w-fi) a free app but it wants a password from the previous owner. Is there a way around this or do I have to annoy the original seller ??

Cheers

Shaun
Old 29 January 2011, 11:09 PM
200sex
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that might be your i tunes password which the old seller wont give you cause the i tunes account will prob be set up with his bank details you might have to set up your own i tunes account but might take the jailbrake of so back to standard iphone which is ok there are plenty of free sat nav apps
Old 30 January 2011, 12:04 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi matey only way how to do,is jailbreak phone....
Or you can ask seller for password...

Jura
Old 30 January 2011, 01:59 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go into settings and look for the Store option, see if it says it is signed in, if so, sign out, create new account and download the app. BEFORE you do that, make sure you backup the phone using iTunes. I'd guess as it's was jailbroken they probably put on a couple of things from the instalous repo that allows iTunes to sync cracked apps (if they were cracked), in which case you should not have any problems.

I've got a silly number of iTunes accounts at work and can switch between them and download apps to the phones from the different accounts and they all still work without a problem, so in theory it should work for you.

As it's JB'd you could probably use DiskAid to pull off the app files directly from the phone as well, if iTunes cannot or will not back up for some reason.