Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

'STEAM' hijacking games installation

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 2010, 02:29 PM
muskeeuk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'STEAM' hijacking games installation

Can anyone help. I recently sold some PC games on Fleabay, only to have to reimburse the buyers because they all complained that they could not install the games on their machines. The problem being a pop up which stated they did not have the correct STEAM account to open the installation. All these games were bought from reputable shops and all had their own serial numbers which I entered when I first installed the game. I have got a STEAM account but I have never bought anything from them direct. I have checked some Forum sites and the official concensus is Tough! The small print in STEAM prevents you selling on games registered to them. How can I install games on my computer without STEAM co-opting them into their portfolio thereby making the games impossible to sell on. Any ideas (apologies for long post!)
Old 16 November 2010, 02:37 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

anythign on steam will be bound to your account by the code so afriad you can't transfer them, wether through steam or not (code reg's to you so can't be resold)

option would be for the purchaser to not allow them to connect to the internet, but not sure if even that will work.