Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

How can I locate my songs on iTunes?

Search this Thread

Old 28 October 2010, 06:19 PM
nathanb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can I locate my songs on iTunes?

Recently I thought It'd be a good idea to back up all my iTunes music, app's, video's, playlists etc to an external hard drive for security incase anything ever happened to my laptop.

This is where it all went wrong! I followed a video on youtube on how to do it correctly. i obviously didn't!

I firstly consolidated the library and then copied the entire itunes folder over to the hard drive. It all seemed to be going well until it finished and I noticed not all of my albums/songs had transferred over to the HD. The next time I opened iTunes and tried to play a song it came up with the message 'The song '......' could not be used as the original file could not be found. Would you like to locate it?'

This was happening on every single song I picked. After reading online how to cure this I copied the folder off the external hard drive back onto my laptop. When I opened iTunes it began copying songs back to my laptop iTunes.

I thought this had solved the problem but there are still a lot oif songs not playing although a lot have returned. As well as this I also have lots of duplicates now in my library.

I'm confused on what to do next to return it all back to normal.

Please help!!