Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

wireless adapters ??

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2010, 06:10 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wireless adapters ??

Guys looking for a bit off advice on wireless adapters,looking to buy one for my main pc, had a look in a few off the local high street electrical stores today and did not realise there was so many available, ranging in price from £20 to £50 bit confused what one offers over the others ??

had a look on ebay and there are a few sellers on there selling them at around a tenner, seem okay, belkin ones good enough ?? easy to set up ??
Old 18 July 2010, 07:43 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jono300
Guys looking for a bit off advice on wireless adapters,looking to buy one for my main pc, had a look in a few off the local high street electrical stores today and did not realise there was so many available, ranging in price from £20 to £50 bit confused what one offers over the others ??

had a look on ebay and there are a few sellers on there selling them at around a tenner, seem okay, belkin ones good enough ?? easy to set up ??
Hi there

on high street are prices sometimes crazy,if you look on Amazon or Ebuyer.com(my friends use this online shop,because are sometimes cheaper than eBay),i personally don't use eBay(if doesn't work,sometimes its hard to get refund etc.).
I have at home wireless adapter from ZyXel and access point from Cisco and my friend use Bielkin(its good brand but sometimes price its twice),Netgear its good and easy to set up or ZyXel its same good and fast set up.
Old 18 July 2010, 08:03 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

I have a Belkin wireless Gplus MIMo Router, bought for about £30 in PC World, was a pain to set up, ended up calling the help line to help me configure it as the software enclosed was incorrect however now it's going it's superb.
I use it for my Laptop and my Blackberry, also used to run my Wii on it wirelessly andd it was great for online gaming, have a xbox 360 now though which is hardwired to it.
It's my second Belkin Router and both have been really good
Old 18 July 2010, 09:38 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay cheers guys appreciatte the advice. just picked up an as new boxed belkon g usb adapter for £4 of ebay, just hope it does the job without dropping signal etc every two seconds !!!

Normally use the ethernet cable from bt homehub to main desktop pc but just moved house and the room the pc is in now has no telephone socket to plug the router into so guess will just keep the router in the livingroom and feed the main pc via the wireless adapter.