Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Bonjour....

Search this Thread

Old 07 July 2010, 11:22 AM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bonjour....

Bonjour seems to have been disabled on my laptop and now I can't connect my iPad. My iPod connected after it's second attempt and "synced" but it still doesn't recognise the iPad.

No idea why it's been disabled, how do I get it running again?

Tried restarting the laptop but nothing. iTunes opens but it doesn't recognise my iPad still.
Old 07 July 2010, 11:53 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless I'm mistaken, Bonjour should not have anything to do with this as it's a zeroconf service and nothing to do with a wired connection. Regardless, if you right click My Computer and select Manage, then look at Services & Applications, see if Bonjour is listed (think the filename is mDNSResponder.exe) if so, try changing it's properties so it's set to automatically run, then reboot.

Have a read of this and run through the steps there and see if they help at all.
Old 07 July 2010, 10:43 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for input.

May not have been that, just coincidence that a pop up flashed up about it being disabled and then it wouldn't sync.

Got home, got an Internet connection and all is well. Not sure if it was really to do with that but the fact I didn't have an Internet connection before was the only thing that changed.

All ok now though.