Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

PS4?

Search this Thread

Old 14 June 2010, 03:38 PM
Tenby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PS4?

PS4 coming out any time soon? ps3 has been out ages n must be old hat by nw?
Old 14 June 2010, 03:43 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Nope. Be at least 2012 before the next one spec starts to surface. Expect it about 2014 is my guess.
Old 14 June 2010, 03:51 PM
Tenby
Scooby Regular

Old 14 June 2010, 03:57 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

dont look for anything until about 2016,i have had playstation's since the first one came out.when they were making the ps3 the sony corp said that it would be atleast a ten years console.they have not even pushed the ps3 to the max when it comes to graphics and gameplay yet there's more in the old girl,trust me you will start seeing a massive improvement in the games soon.
Old 15 June 2010, 09:59 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stonejedi
dont look for anything until about 2016,i have had playstation's since the first one came out.when they were making the ps3 the sony corp said that it would be atleast a ten years console.they have not even pushed the ps3 to the max when it comes to graphics and gameplay yet there's more in the old girl,trust me you will start seeing a massive improvement in the games soon.
You really don't beleive that hype do you?
Old 15 June 2010, 12:15 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

haha. Exactly. the PS3 and 360 and very similar tech so the gfx wont improve much more.
Old 15 June 2010, 01:50 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

im not talking about the console specs im talking about the way game developers get more to grips with the hardware there making games for if you look at the games from earlier in xbox360 or ps3 you will always get a improvement depending on who is developing the game.
Old 15 June 2010, 02:02 PM
Scooby_CL
Scooby Regular

^^^ that's purley down to new game engines that are being developed. big companies like Sony are always developing new engine to run games on... this allows a huge amount of detail to be put into characters and environment. that's just progression and will continue through any game developer. the current ps3 has an amazing spec and people will only see the true potential when running full HD tv's and running a game that has used the latest game engine to get the most usage of the pixels available from the television.

Xbox has just released the new slim xbox and that will definitely dominate the market for a while... Sony already have a slim version of the ps3 and that hasn't taken the market by storm so they will release something an update or some neat feature to compete. when that will be is impossible to say haha

Last edited by Scooby_CL; 15 June 2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 15 June 2010, 02:52 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Hey if you're lucky gran turismo maybe released with the PS4!
Old 15 June 2010, 08:27 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Is it still not out!?!?
Old 15 June 2010, 09:50 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Well sony and microsoft have released new control systems to compete against the wii and I think bluray can carry 3d so I would say PS3 will be around for a while yet.

Plus games devs are moving towards console first, PC second so the push to keep consoles up in terms of performance against PCs has dropped off making it less important to improve game engines.

Plus why build a new games engine when you can churn out re-hashes of existing games ala Call of Duty.
Old 15 June 2010, 09:55 PM
Jonnys3
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sony has officially detailed PS3 3D firmware upgrade on the official PlayStation blog, which will make it the only console to take advantage of new stereoscopic 3D technology - you'll need a 3D ready TV of course!

Last edited by Jonnys3; 15 June 2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old 15 June 2010, 09:59 PM
tathan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by antc
You really don't beleive that hype do you?
it's not _all_ hype. The PS3 is more powerful but the xbox is the lowest common denominator, i.e. games are developed for both and ported.

If the PS3 had been more successful, developers would have developed only for it, at a higher level. A few PS3 exclusives are now starting to show the bit extra power available but probably a too little too late. This is quite well reported from various developers if you can be arsed searching
Old 15 June 2010, 11:00 PM
Scooby_CL
Scooby Regular

Ah wasnt saying playstation will die out, no there far to competitive and initiative to become inadequate to xbox... just alot of what you see being displayed on the screen is actually down to how powerful a game engine was used.

call of duty MW2 used a completely different engine to world at war, Halo looks a tad out dated but the new Reach uses a completely new engine to produce amazing in game graphics... even the new Cod Black Ops will be using a different engine as far as i'm aware.

obviously that completely irrelevant unless you have a wicked tv to show it all on, i guess Sony and Microsoft kinda took that into consideration as none of these awesome tv where around at the time...

But that's straying away from topic lol... Sony will release new features for the Ps3 but i wouldn't expect any word on a new console for a long old while yet, the technology is well up there in the Ps3, processor and graphics arnt going to get much better... they will slowly but Sony will keep that for the next version of the console

for the record i'm an xbox fanboy haha, so i'l stop the Ps loving

Last edited by Scooby_CL; 15 June 2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old 03 July 2010, 11:45 AM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

So the PS3 is around for some time. Is there a new Xbox planned? (excluding the slim)
Old 03 July 2010, 02:02 PM
hpoolsteve
Scooby Regular

PS3 rules none of this Bill Gates **** ha ha
Old 07 July 2010, 08:39 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by tathan
it's not _all_ hype. The PS3 is more powerful but the xbox is the lowest common denominator, i.e. games are developed for both and ported.

If the PS3 had been more successful, developers would have developed only for it, at a higher level. A few PS3 exclusives are now starting to show the bit extra power available but probably a too little too late. This is quite well reported from various developers if you can be arsed searching
The PS3 may be technically more advanced based on the numbers game, but this ***** about xbox 360 being the lowest denominator and pushing PS3 port quality down is utter crap. There are a number of PS3 exclusives that are no better than 360 exclusives. The PS3 has been over hyped and we all know it. Whilst it is far from being a bad console it is certainly not showing any signs of being the 360 masher that was envisaged in the power department, and sold upon by Sony in the marketing wars. Sony have failed miserably with on-line stuff and that is an area that I suspect will hurt them most in the future.

Like a car... power is nothing without control, so the argument of which has the most power is TOTALLY irrelevant. Most consoles have better software in the latter years of their life, but that is too late and certainly does not make any console better for it in reality.

Personally I don't give a stuff what developers or marketing say. It's what I can play now that matters..... not what some spin doctor says is best because it can throw 1 more pixel around the screen when the wind is blowing north and the moon is shining.

Whatever we think about MS, they have driven an almighty knife in to Sony's dominance of the console market. That takes ***** and commitment, that not even the RROD issue slowed down.

I own both consoles and will continue to buy anything "by whoever" in the future. However, it's strange why most of my games are bought for the 360. I have no idea why, but perhaps that is part of the issue.
Old 07 July 2010, 09:40 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

GT5 is going to be great though!!!!!!! Hope they have the latest hover cars in it though
Old 07 July 2010, 10:05 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

roflol

Forza 2 and 3 have already been/are great now.... that's the point though!
Old 02 August 2010, 01:28 PM
Tenby
Scooby Regular

played ps3 cod on weekend n thought it was gash compared 2 pc version. no real control over scopes with joypad vs mouse n keyboard?
Old 02 August 2010, 01:37 PM
Tenby
Scooby Regular

played cod ps3 on weekend n thought it was gash compared 2 pc version. no real control over scopes like u get with a mouse
Old 02 August 2010, 01:45 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tathan

If the PS3 is so powerful why do the multiplatform games usually look gash on it ?

Surley if the PS3 has all the powahz then it should run the mutiplatform stuff just as well, instead of what happens most of them time, with the PS3 version getting gash graphics and framerates.........

Some of the PS3 specific stuff looks amazing, but so does the specific 360 stuff......
Old 02 August 2010, 01:51 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

get a pc, much more powerfull beasty,,,, lol

sorry shant start that argument again.

but im still waiting for gt5 to come out before i buy a ps3, its looking like i'll be getting a ps4 with it instead of ps3 lol
Old 02 August 2010, 01:55 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

just found it, suposedly 2nd nov in the uk, time will tell huh
Old 02 August 2010, 01:58 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

sorry thats us, not uk
Old 02 August 2010, 10:17 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tidgy
sorry thats us, not uk
5th november its for UK official date of GT5 http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/Racing/Car...rismo_5-_-link

Last edited by jura11; 02 August 2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 02 August 2010, 10:44 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Might be out for Xmas then....
Old 04 August 2010, 02:18 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Must admit I havent bought a new PS3 game since MW2 release which was was Oct '09?

Best game Ive seen on the PS3 gfx wise was Uncharted 2. Really immersive but the online was rubbish and really but me off.

MW2 seems fine online. Get the odd lag issues but thats P2P for you and the odd host dieing that wont switch. But most of the time its spot on. Other than getting lumped with a lobby full of frogs who just talk and talk and talk an talk.

Simon
Old 04 August 2010, 03:13 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
a lobby full of frogs who just talk and talk and talk an talk.
They are a weird bunch. They often crop up on public servers when I'm playing Left 4 Dead 2. They run off and leave the group, get killed and then rant in pigeon english how its everyone elses fault.

Chumps!

Originally Posted by Tenby
played ps3 cod on weekend n thought it was gash compared 2 pc version. no real control over scopes with joypad vs mouse n keyboard?
I agree completely. However, a mate of mine who is well into his PS3 was watching me play Borderlands on the PC and he just couldn't get his head round how to play using KB/mouse.
Old 04 August 2010, 08:58 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

I am not the biggest fan of the keyboard/mouse tbh, especially in "action" games.

Yes the mouse is great for aiming duties, but the keys suck for movement duties imho.

Quick Reply: PS4?