Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

XBOX 360 QUESTION & ADVICE NEEDED.

Search this Thread

Old 12 October 2009, 11:32 AM
wazo'swrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XBOX 360 QUESTION & ADVICE NEEDED.

Right ive just had the virgin v+ fitted and the chap said to me why have you not got the HDMI cable wired up to your xbox . So i said i have no idea so he looked on the back of the console and theres no HDMI slot , the console is a brand new one supplied by Microsoft who replaced my old console ( 3 red lights ) with a brand new one and this does not have the slot. My old console had one im sure of it so why has this not got one if its a new console ????? should i contact microsoft and complain ??? the only problem is its been about a month since i recieved this console ???? and to be honest i know nothink about all these hd / hdmi cables lol .
Old 12 October 2009, 12:14 PM
L.J.F
Instructing with fear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too bloody right you should complain!!! Bill gates is Robbing you of the chance of HD for your Xbox, it sounds like they have sent a old refurbed console and kept your newer model!!
Old 12 October 2009, 12:33 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Sounds like you never had HDMI before as I'm sure you'd know if you did. Surely you still have the old HDMI cable if that was the case. If it's connected by component it can still do HD.
Old 12 October 2009, 12:34 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

When was your old one manufactured and which model was it?
Old 12 October 2009, 12:43 PM
wazo'swrx
Scooby Regular

my old model was the limited edition pro evo 6 package , not sure how old that is , not knowing much about all these cables lol ive just found the hdmi cable in the old original box .... with bad eyesight the piccie looks the same to me when racing round a track ..lol
Old 12 October 2009, 12:59 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

A PES6 bundle console would not have had HDMI.
Old 12 October 2009, 01:39 PM
wazo'swrx
Scooby Regular

Righ im gonna sound like a complete prat now , the reason i have a HDMI lead in the original box is because the original console started skipping discs so i took it back to currys as i had the reciept and it was in the 1 yr warrenty and they replaced it with a new console with HDMI slot . , i then got the 3 red lights and microsoft told me the 1 yr warrenty was out but the 3 yr one was still vallid . so thats why i sent it back to microsoft and they sent me a new one with no hdmi slot ... sorry to sound thick ..lol
Old 12 October 2009, 02:13 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

In which case your replacement should have HDMI and you should complain.
Old 12 October 2009, 03:30 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

The Premium console from August 2007 had HDMI - the PES6 bundle came out in October 2006. So if you got a replacement after Aug 07 then chances are it may well have had HDMI. If you have a receipt for the replacement, then you may have more chance of getting a newer one from MS.

Well worth calling them up to see what they say anyway
Old 13 October 2009, 12:18 PM
Phantom_Flan_Flinger
Scooby Regular

When my sons old 20GB model got the RROD earlier this year, we got a replacement sent back, rather than the repaired one.

I just presumed that the replacement was a reconditioned unit rather than a brand new one as it didn't have an HDMI slot. I didn't think there'd be any new ones without an HDMI slot.

Dave.

Edit - Just noticed my post count is the old WRT ciggie sponsor number. Not bad for 10 years though.

Last edited by Phantom_Flan_Flinger; 13 October 2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 13 October 2009, 12:33 PM
wazo'swrx
Scooby Regular

THIS IS THE REPLY I GOT FROM MICROSOFT ..............

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft online support for XBOX. I am Amie and I will be helping you today with this issue.

As I understand that you got a replacement of your Xbox 360 console however you have noticed that the replacement that you got has no HDMI port. I apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you and I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Aside from noticing the addition of an HDMI port, Xbox 360 consumers will enjoy the same great games and entertainment experiences with the updated consoles as they do on existing Xbox 360 consoles. Xbox 360 offers a great high-definition experience and HDMI is just one method of getting that experience. You may choose to call our phone support line for further assistance.

You may contact Xbox Customer Service for US and Canada by calling 1-800-469-9269 at your earliest convenience, and we'll be happy to help you. We are open everyday from 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 A.M. Eastern Time and 6:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. Pacific Time

For international customers, please contact Xbox Customer Service in your local region. (To find the correct Customer Service number for your region first use this link Xbox.com | Settings - Change your Xbox.com Locale to select the appropriate country and then use the contact number found under the support menu). You may also choose to call international assistance (direct dial to the US) by dialing 425-635-7180.

To expedite service, please provide Service Request Number 1114215093 when you call.

Thank you for visiting Xbox.com. If you should have future questions on Xbox products or services, please be sure to revisit our Web site as we are continually adding information to enhance our service.

Sincerely,

Amie

Microsoft XBOX Support Services
Old 13 October 2009, 01:32 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

I'd give them a call if I were you. I don't expect you'll get much joy via email...
Old 13 October 2009, 04:12 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Bog standard email reply - call em!
Old 13 October 2009, 04:20 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Indeed, call them, quote the Service Request Number, get it sorted