Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

help creating an online shop of sorts, where everything is free!

Search this Thread

Old 06 October 2009, 11:47 AM
Avi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help creating an online shop of sorts, where everything is free!

I need to create an online shop (of sorts) . As it's a charity, we do not charge for any of the paint. The customers will come and pick it up from the depot. It's mainly (youth clubs / schools / scouts / etc.. ) who take the paint, but individuals can request paints . I have had a quick look at oscommerce, but i'm having trouble simplifying it down to not include prices and payment details

The products need to have the following attributes:

Name (5L White Dulux Gloss)
Type (Emulsion/Gloss etc..)
Colour (white/red etc)
Weight (Kg)
Volume (L)
Container Type (Plastic / Metal etc)
Supplier (Council / B&Q / Focus etc..)

Has anyone any suggestions on an online shop (free) that might be easily customised ? I'd like the cutomer to have to register, then add to some sort of cart, and confirm. Without all the shipping address / payment bits that seem to be difficult to get rid of in oscommerce. We would then authorise the order and email them to get them to come and collect.

I also have to report to the suppliers of the paints. With totals per month, and be able to see what each cutomer has taken.

Any advice appreciated. I offered to do this originally as a basic stock control access database, and the requirements have grown a lot. !!