Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Anyone use a Samsung NC-10 Netbook?

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2009, 08:45 PM
AndyLyman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Anyone use a Samsung NC-10 Netbook?

Iv'e just purchased a NC-10 from Staples using the special offer they currently have on... £228 for netbook, norton 360 which I dont use, voucher for downloading some music and a Staples nice case for protection...

A fantastic netbook with exellent performance, everywhere else I found is nearly £300 upwards!!

just noticed on the Samsung website a firmware update dated 15-09-2009 and just installed it, got a usb update in the firmware for Windows 7 with other extras...

link here for firmware...

Download Center SAMSUNG

Anyone know of a good place to buy extended batteries 6/9 cell ones for the Nc-10?

cheers

Andy
Old 21 September 2009, 09:34 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Can't see this offer on the website?

Indeed can't even find a Samsung
Old 21 September 2009, 10:15 PM
AndyLyman
Scooby Regular

The offer is in store only, was advertised in a national paper last week, I think the offer is on until the end of the month..

Plenty of stock in Staples, Milton Keynes - best to call your local store and ask

Andy
Old 21 September 2009, 10:25 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Andy,

Presumably you are aware that the price is so cheap because this model comes with the 3-cell battery, which is only good for 3 or 4 hours. You can buy an extra 6-cell battery (good for 7 or 8 hours) for around a hundred and ten quid - but then it would have been cheaper to buy the more expensive model in the first place

In fact you can buy the 6-cell model in black for less than two hundred and seventy notes at Ebuyer - so if you need the larger battery you would be better off buying from there!!

mb
Old 21 September 2009, 10:35 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Originally Posted by AndyLyman
The offer is in store only, was advertised in a national paper last week, I think the offer is on until the end of the month..

Plenty of stock in Staples, Milton Keynes - best to call your local store and ask

Andy
Thanks
Old 21 September 2009, 10:55 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Can highly recommend the Samsung netbooks. I went for the N120 but would advise anyone to double check which cell battery you get. They dont make it very clear when advertising.
Old 22 September 2009, 02:55 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

I bought one with what I later found was a 3-cell. I took it back, and swapped it for the Asus eePc H1000 (I think) which I prefer tbh.