Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Another software house bust : GRIN

Search this Thread

Old 13 August 2009, 10:16 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another software house bust : GRIN

Publishers delaying payments has caused them to go under

It is with a heavy heart we announce today that GRIN has been forced to close its doors. This as too many publishers have been delaying their payments, causing an unbearable cashflow situation.

After twelve years of hard work, employing hundreds of wonderfully talented men and women, it is over. It has been a great adventure and the GRIN family has experienced what few have.

Looking back at twelve years of games, titles such as Ballistics, Bandits, GRAW 1 & 2, Bionic Commando Rearmed, Wanted: Weapons of Fate, Terminator: Salvation, Bionic Commando and our unreleased masterpiece that we weren’t allowed to finish; it has been a great ride.
Terminator Salvation is utter gash, i got this game free with my graphics card, my mate also bought it for full RRP last week for his 360

Niether of us has finished it, it is a slog to play through the game, as it is so boring, my mate has traded it in already after getting to chapter 4, i have managed chapter 5, with no inclination to play it any more!

GRAW 1&2 were considered good titles on the pc, the new Bionic Commando game was pretty good IMO, just frustrating in its oldskool way of doing things (constantly dying etc etc)
Old 13 August 2009, 01:32 PM
spectrum48k
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The games industry is a disgrace in many respects. Increased financial risks, the suits calling the shots, the cashflow pressure on developers at the mercy of the publishers. Originality and innovation seen as unacceptable risk, more focus on sports genres and churning out a new FIFA every year, like it has for the last 15 years, etc...