Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

If I open a new itunes account will it wipe out previously purchased tracks

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2009, 02:15 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default If I open a new itunes account will it wipe out previously purchased tracks

As above

As I moved country and have finally finished my credit on my UK account I thought it best to open an acct in OZ, before I do so I just wanted to make sure It doesnm't do anything silly like delete my purchased tunes

Thanks for any info, cant find what I'm looking for on Google

Cheers
Old 18 July 2009, 04:11 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fairly sure it won't delete them as you still have the UK account and you cannot change it to a different country, you need to create a new account. I've certainly got music on here purchased from the UK and Canadian store and I've synced it to my iPod without a problem. If I try to play a track then it may ask me to login to my account, as either I'm not logged into the store, or it's not from the store I'm currently logged into. Once you login it'll play. This is in iTunes BTW, the iPhone/iPod should play the music regardless of the account it was purchased with, providing of course that account is authorized to iTunes.

The same is true for Apps from the App Store. I've got a US, Canadian and UK account and have apps from each of those stores and I can sync my iPhone without any issue at all.

Last edited by Markus; 18 July 2009 at 04:14 AM.
Old 19 July 2009, 01:04 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Markus, as ever