Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

computer problems?

Search this Thread

Old 05 June 2009, 11:30 AM
KAS35RSTI
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default computer problems?

just got a problem with my PC. its not saving the work or anything i download to my drive. would anybody know what it could be? it also freezes.

thanks
Old 05 June 2009, 11:59 AM
KAS35RSTI
Scooby Regular

the OPS is XP, basically when i try to save a file from word or any other office software it does not save to the hard drive. everytime i try to multi task it becomes slow and freezes.

downloaded files are told to go into my documents, but when i do a search/check i cannot find them.
Old 05 June 2009, 12:43 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have any Anti-virus and/or Anti Spyware/Malware applications installed? If so then reboot into safe mode (reboot and press F8, you'll see a menu appear, select "Safe Mode") and then run the Anti Virus software and see if it picks up anything. If it does, let it repair it. Then do the same with the Anti Spyware/Malware software. Reboot, again go into safe mode, and run the AV software again, just to make sure it's all clean, then try running word and saving a document and see if it works, then reboot normally, run word and see if you can save a document.
Old 05 June 2009, 03:47 PM
KAS35RSTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Markus
Do you have any Anti-virus and/or Anti Spyware/Malware applications installed? If so then reboot into safe mode (reboot and press F8, you'll see a menu appear, select "Safe Mode") and then run the Anti Virus software and see if it picks up anything. If it does, let it repair it. Then do the same with the Anti Spyware/Malware software. Reboot, again go into safe mode, and run the AV software again, just to make sure it's all clean, then try running word and saving a document and see if it works, then reboot normally, run word and see if you can save a document.

many thanks will try that today when i get home. i have nortons anti virus at the moment.