Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Iphone case suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2009, 10:19 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iphone case suggestions

Quite liked the idea of the Zagg Invisible Shield off Ebay but after reading the reviews on Amazon it seems very tricky to fit well.

What other cases would you lot suggest - dont want anything chunky.

Cheers
Simon
Old 26 May 2009, 08:51 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

If you can get into an Apple store and try some on, they usually have a bucket full of them. I have a silicon case that leaves pretty much the whole face free, don't buy cheap, they don't last.
Old 26 May 2009, 11:41 AM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Griffin Elan Form, 20 quid from apple shop, looks good, great protection!
Old 27 May 2009, 06:54 PM
AndyLyman
Scooby Regular

Ivyskin Quattro T4 is what I have....

I got it from the States, it covers a full front and back of the iphone 3g and has a glass screen so you dont scratch your phone's screen.. its touch sensitive so the signal goes through the glass and operates your phone as usual...

link here...

ivyskin Quattro T4 CASE for Apple iPhone 3G JET BLACK on eBay, also, Cell Phone PDA Accessories, Cell Phones PDAs (end time 19-Jun-09 23:40:00 BST)

in different colours too....

Andy
Old 27 May 2009, 07:39 PM
Dr.No
Scooby Regular

InvisibleSHIELD isn't that difficult to fit and works very well... I'd recommend it - especially as it has a lifetime warranty.
Old 28 May 2009, 08:35 AM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Definately get the InvisibleShield mate, I bought an I-Phone last weekend and bought the InvisibleShield from Carphone Warehouse.

It's not that difficult to fit to be honest, but if you remember when it's on it looks like a bare I-Phone with no case then you can expect it's not as simple as sliding it on, it takes a little care and patience, mine took around 20 minutes to fit.

Old 01 June 2009, 03:13 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Also have the Zagg shield.

I tried a case, but it means you miss out on one of the iPhones best features, it's slim size and ease of use when you need it quickly.

Invisible shield isn't perfect, mine fit OK but the main screen has 4 manufacturing faults in the guise of 4 lines that go across the screen - they annoyed me at first but I just ignore them now. This is well documented on Google, but apprently Zagg just reckon it's a user fitment fault!!

Some of the shield is lifting around the back as well.

But all of these niggles are overshadowed by being able to just chuck the phone in your pocket and not worry about scratches, the rear cover also makes the phone easier to handle as its quite grippy. I accidentally threw my keys across the phone the other day and there wasn't a mark!!

It's worth trying it first for £13 of eBay or whatever they are.

Trending Topics

Old 01 June 2009, 06:57 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

The thing that worries me about the Zagg shield is protection on the sides as Im assuming the film doesnt cover the entire phone. And even with it if you dropped your phone say onto tarmac I doubt the zagg would offer much against dents & cracks?

Simon
Old 01 June 2009, 07:08 PM
mad555
Scooby Regular

I have the iskin Revo2 and I like it.Comes with anti-glare/fingerprint protective screen film plus a hard screen cover to protect against screen impact.
Plus I have a brand new one I'll do you at good price,pm me if your interested.

iSkin revo2 - The revolution returns
Old 02 June 2009, 05:19 PM
mad555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
I like that iskin one but looks like exactly the same as my incase one around the headphone socket which is where both of mine have split just by having the phone in my pocket.

How long have you had the iskin one and is it showing any signs of wear/weakness around the headphone socket?

Had it about three months and its showing no sign of splitting,and I remove it from the case alot.
Old 03 June 2009, 10:49 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
Invisibleshield sounded perfect right up to the point where the 4 lines across the screen got mentioned so anything else similar?
They aren't all like that I don't think, just some of them. It annoyed me at first but doesn't bother me now although I may buy a new one soon as they are cheap enough.

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
The thing that worries me about the Zagg shield is protection on the sides as Im assuming the film doesnt cover the entire phone. And even with it if you dropped your phone say onto tarmac I doubt the zagg would offer much against dents & cracks?

Simon
It does cover the whole phone, the rear skin goes around the sides of the phone and wraps around nicely - it also makes the phone really grippy so no worries about dropping them.

The iPhone is such a sleek thing, it's a shame to ruin them by adding a big bulky case.