Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Talk Talk broadband

Search this Thread

Old 11 May 2009, 02:13 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Talk Talk broadband

anybody have them as ISP`s or have been with them in the past?

it appears my ISP Nildram have just been bought over by them

should i be worried?
Old 11 May 2009, 02:23 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, they're OK.
Only ever had to ring them once, got problem sorted reasonably easily when talking to India.

From what I gather, trying to leave them is another story.
I've heard from 2 people who were left without services of landline or broadband when trying to leave, and had to pay good old BT to reconnect them again.
Old 11 May 2009, 02:49 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
Yeah, they're OK.
got problem sorted reasonably easily when talking to India.
ohhh F*ck!! this is the biggest fear i had!!
Old 11 May 2009, 03:13 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I know.

I don't mind talking to India to be honest, that is if India and I can communicate well though.

With talktalk it was fine.

Sky - we'll thats a whole different ball game.
I've learned that I should keep my Sky calls restricted to normal working hours, outside of that it seems that we speak with India - or not as the case may be
Old 11 May 2009, 06:36 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

My Mum was on Force9 which also were taken over by TT. I upgraded her dial up account (yeah I know but she did hardly any surfing) from a Force9 freebie to the basic user package of £5.99 a month for 10Gb download.

TT have this smart little online helpdesk where you can see the progress of your problem / order and leave comments yourself.

I managed to get a free wireless four port router (the guy actually said "Sod it, they haven't updated the order form so have one for free" ) and because my Mum screwed up the DD I was also able to the newer £5.99/10Gb offer rather than the £9.99/2Gb that I applied for! (that happened because they took £40 installation when it should've been free)
Old 11 May 2009, 06:41 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had one problem, the indian call centre couldn't help so I wrote and copied the letter to OFCOM (or whoever it is these days) as it appeared I had been mis-sold my package. There was an error, which they quickly resolved, but not the error that the call centre's check list had identified. I got a call from a bloke who lived around the corner from me who explained the issued and gave me a credit on my account.

The speed of the broadband is exceptional. My previous ISP was just about supplying me 1MB on an up to 8MB package, the same speed package from TalkTalk, for a fraction of the price, and with the same infrastructure is giving me a consistent 6.4MB
Old 11 May 2009, 10:45 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

At work we are a virtual ISP with Nildram. They tell us the business side of things is making all the money so there are no signs of anything changing for 'Nildram' as such.

Because we are a partner we get through to the business support (to their office in Stoke Mandeville, Bucks) so I guess home users go through to india? Not that it really helps in that case but the support from their HQ in Bucks is pretty good.

Have you been calling this number? - 0871 230 9296
Old 12 May 2009, 12:14 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stiscooby
At work we are a virtual ISP with Nildram. They tell us the business side of things is making all the money so there are no signs of anything changing for 'Nildram' as such.

Because we are a partner we get through to the business support (to their office in Stoke Mandeville, Bucks) so I guess home users go through to india? Not that it really helps in that case but the support from their HQ in Bucks is pretty good.

Have you been calling this number? - 0871 230 9296
nope havent called any numbers yet, was just wondering the general opinion of TT before i dumped them lol