Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Computer Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 23 March 2009, 08:00 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Computer Help Please

How do i put a password onto my computer,so when you turn it on,before you can go any further you need to enter a password.
Old 23 March 2009, 08:06 PM
HankScorpio
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might be able to put a BIOS password on (check for a message on power up that says "Press {F1/F2/Del/Ctrl-S etc} to enter setup" then look for the security options).

Your OS will also allow passwords but we'll need to know which one to sort out how.
Old 23 March 2009, 08:30 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

As above, BIOS passwords are the most secure as you can't run programs to reset passwords etc...

You can of course, just pull out the hard drive and look at the contents. If you are worried about that you then need to start looking at encryption.

Steve
Old 23 March 2009, 08:58 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Right,just to let you know im sh*t with computers,before i had my computer re-formated(if thats the right thing)when i turned the computer on i had to type in a password before you could go any further.
Old 23 March 2009, 09:05 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Do you mean when the computer was off the only way to start it was by typing a password? Is it a Lenovo computer?

To get in the BIOS when you start the computer it's usually F1, F2, DEL, INS, or F10, it should say on the bottom right/left of the screen
Old 23 March 2009, 09:08 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Look for boot on password enter, so you simply type key sequence and computer switches on.
Old 23 March 2009, 09:08 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Missus busted your beastality **** stash has she

Trending Topics

Old 23 March 2009, 09:29 PM
Scooby-kid
Scooby Regular

I think the OP was just talking about a normal password, just so that he could log on with his own password.

For Vista, and I *think* XP too, you need to click start, go to the control panel. in the left had pane click on "classic view" and you then need to look for the link to "user accounts". This is where you can add accounts, change passwords, and passwords and all that sort of stuff.

Hope this helps,
Scott.
Old 23 March 2009, 11:08 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby-kid
I think the OP was just talking about a normal password, just so that he could log on with his own password.

For Vista, and I *think* XP too, you need to click start, go to the control panel. in the left had pane click on "classic view" and you then need to look for the link to "user accounts". This is where you can add accounts, change passwords, and passwords and all that sort of stuff.

Hope this helps,
Scott.
Tried that cheers,but when i turn the computer on,its still the same.

F.A.O:-kingofsh*t
Old 24 March 2009, 03:08 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

There should be an option in the User Accounts about Automatically Logging Users in, you want to turn this option off, plus you'd need to set a password for the user account.
Old 24 March 2009, 08:41 AM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Markus
There should be an option in the User Accounts about Automatically Logging Users in, you want to turn this option off, plus you'd need to set a password for the user account.
Tried that cheers,but still no go
Old 24 March 2009, 10:38 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Missus busted your beastality **** stash has she
bestiality btw -- common mistake
Old 24 March 2009, 01:22 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s
Tried that cheers,but still no go
I think I know why then, you are running as root administrator, go to 'User Accounts' and make a new user with a password. Restart, you should then come to the log on screen, but the account you are using now will be hidden, to get on to it you will need to hit Ctrl,Alt,Delete * 2
Old 24 March 2009, 07:48 PM
Removed.
Scooby Regular

Canine Danglies, was it you I helped out with this a few months ago If so it's a BIOS password you had, so that as soon as you switch on the PC you're required to put in the password.
Old 25 March 2009, 08:43 AM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ChunkyDunky
Canine Danglies, was it you I helped out with this a few months ago If so it's a BIOS password you had, so that as soon as you switch on the PC you're required to put in the password.
It was me,need that help again as i've had the computer re-formated(whatever you call it)
Old 25 March 2009, 10:29 PM
Removed.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by HankScorpio
You might be able to put a BIOS password on (check for a message on power up that says "Press {F1/F2/Del/Ctrl-S etc} to enter setup" then look for the security options).

Your OS will also allow passwords but we'll need to know which one to sort out how.
As Hank said, when you first power up, look for a message and look for something like "Security" or "Boot Options". You may have to rummage because a lot of manufacturers use different terminology to say the same thing. I deleted the pm's about this when my plus membership expired, so not quite sure how I explained it to you last time. If you still get stuck try Googling the make/model of your PC you should get destructions on t'interweb.

Are you sure it was me???? Found this from last year. https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-r...-you-able.html I'm happy to take the credit though

Last edited by Removed.; 25 March 2009 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Added old thread