Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Acer aspire one desktop screenshot

Search this Thread

Old 14 March 2009, 12:21 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acer aspire one desktop screenshot

Just wonder if anyone else here uses the little Acer aspire one netbook that was being recently sold in Asda at just £150 ??

since buying it have amongst other things added :

1/ Windows xp pro- was originally using Linux ( thanks DJ Dunk for your assistance )
2/ installed a hypertheme
3/ just fitted a lovely Decalgirl skin to it ( pics to follow )
4/ installed 1gb ram to go with the original 512MB fitted ( again thanks to DJ Dunk for the help / advice on this )

anyway very pleased with it so far, anyone else using one off them done similar to any off the above ??

Pic :

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...-06_191507.png

Pic 2 :

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...8/P1030095.jpg

( Skin obtained from Xbox Skins ? Custom Xbox Skins and Xbox Stickers for Game Consoles and Controllers )

Last edited by jono300; 15 March 2009 at 01:36 AM.
Old 14 March 2009, 06:18 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nat21
Yeah i got one.

Standard top one they do, 1 meg ram, XP etc.

Added a 9hour battery as standard one was crap.

Gathering dust now. Too bulky.
Take it your not referring to the acer aspire one ??!! never heard it described as bulky and as far as I know they were never suplied with 1GB ?? know that they did supply xp versions but bit unsure if it is the acer aspire one that you are referring to ??

if it is can you advise where you purchased your 9 hour battery from ?? have yet to here off such a thing for the little acer aspire one ??!!
Old 15 March 2009, 06:03 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay sorry mate my mistake did not realise that the xp version came with 1GB as standard thought they were all 512mb.

okay no probs about the batteries yep aware that there are large batteries availble for the acer aspire one but jsut not 9 hour ones, replacemnt longer charge batteries are a very hot topic on the aceraspire forums just now and one off the main things that keep cropping up is that the majority off batteries being sold suitable for the acer aspire one are infact no where near there stated capacity, in saying that a lot off buyers are still happy with the new long charge batteries but have found them to be wrongly described.

according to the same forum the longest charge anyone has had on there new battery was 6-7 hours so your 9 hour version certainly sounds very good !!

interested in selling the replacment battery ??