Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Itunes sync problems

Search this Thread

Old 14 February 2009, 06:46 PM
jayb1970
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Itunes sync problems

I have just got a new laptop and I now want to get my library back, I did a back up from the old laptop(now knackered) but it does not seem to work. When I launch itunes and put the backup disc in it starts to copy the songs into the library but it stops at no:271 every time. The last time I tried it I was asked for the second disc and I thought ok, we're away now but there was a window which was labeled "itunes" with a green progress bar flashing left to right but nothing else happened. When I look in my library I have only got 361 songs in there instead of 700 odd plus a movie.

Now, I have all my music on my iphone but when I go to sync it the window pops up and tells me that it will remove all the content on the iphone and replace it with my "new" library. Obviously not good coz I will loose a lot of music.
How can I get everything off my iphone into itunes?

My next question is when I go to sync my contacts I get a choice: merge or replace. Which one will put my contacts in windows without deleting them on the phone?

Thank for the help guys