Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Search engine optimisation and domain names?

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2009, 08:21 PM
Jer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Search engine optimisation and domain names?

Any SEO Guru's about?

I have a website that does quite well in search engines but I want it to do better and broaden the search terms used. I was thinking about buying some domain names but what's best as I could spend lots. Some are taken but I could buy them with Hyphens (-) in them does this work as well?

www.keyword-in-city.com or .co.uk
www.keywordincity.com or .co.uk

Any help would be great or does anyone have some good websites to read up on. Also has anyone paid a company to optomise there website? what were the results.

Jer
Old 10 February 2009, 11:48 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The way i see it Google doesn't like multiple domains with the same content, I think if you already have an established domain working well and its old (age helps) then I would not bother.
Look at the pages you have and create more content, add pages beneath that cover only one search term and link back up. Page titles are very important.
Want to PM me the URL and I'll give it a once over. There is a guy called Russ (sorry can't remember the username) on here who is into SEO as well...