Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Long Shot...but can anyone design a web based arcade game?

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2009, 12:51 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long Shot...but can anyone design a web based arcade game?

I know I'm asking a lot but here's the score. I have a web design and SEO business. We have a very good client, and a mate of mine now in fact, who wants a retro web based arcade game on his site. Something like Pacman or Space Invaders, whereby the 'pacman' or an invader etc are his company logo (nice simple circular logo with 2 letters).

This needs to be legal from licencing perspective etc as his site is quite high profile, but there is obviously cash on offer if price is agreeable. Something built in Flash would possibly be best option but we're open to anything/ideas.

Please PM me if you or anyone you know can help!

Ta,

Russ
Old 06 January 2009, 05:08 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I've just had a very quick google and came up with this. It's an open source (so free) Java based version of PacMan. The source code is available and I've had a very quick look and the format of the images for Ghosts and PacMan seem to be GIF files, so they should be easy enough to change.

I'm not sure what the licensing/legality side of things would be with the open source version. If you like the look of it then you could always contact the author, explain what you want to do, and ask/offer a donation for commercial use.
Old 07 January 2009, 08:38 AM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Cheers Markus, I really appreciate that. We have found a few similar freebies but most were for non commercial use. That said, I'll try and make contact with the licence holders of this one, as it's exactly what my clients want, and see if they'll allow it's use on our clients site...very handy indeed if they do!

Thanks again!

R
Old 07 January 2009, 09:36 AM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

You should use the old game Thrust, where you have to collect an orb from the planet surface (automatic line once you are within distance) and you have to constantly fight the planet's gravity - i wasted hours playing this!

The orb lends itself to the company's logo