Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

360 Steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 20 December 2008, 07:58 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 360 Steering wheel

anybody running one of these bad boys ?

>>>Fanatec.com

how is the force feedback on this wheel?

they look awesome, but a little pricey, i really fancy a wheel for the 360 but the official MS wheel does not appeal in the slightest, and Race Pro is due out soon, i love my DFP wheel when using it on the PC, but its getting a little long in the tooth now, and i dont tend to play LFS on the PC as much nowadays due to boredom
Old 20 December 2008, 08:12 PM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

I don't have one of these but I do have both the DFP and an MS wheel.

The DFP is the better wheel but the MS unit is not as bad as some will let you believe. I've had a great time using the wheel with Forza and with race pro on the horizon I'll have to break the chair out of the wardrobe.

That wheel is almost £160 !!!! if had better be good at that money.
Old 21 December 2008, 08:34 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

£160 would seam like a lot, but i think i pad about £130 for my DFP when they first came out? so its not to bad considering, as long as you do get 900 degrees rotation and proper force feedback on the 360 ?
Old 21 December 2008, 08:38 AM
darlodge
Scooby Regular

Does the Microsoft ForceFeedback steering wheel from a PC work with the Xbox 360?
Old 21 December 2008, 10:05 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

from what i have gathered, the 360 forcefeedback stuff is not made in the usuall way, which means that most universal products are not compatiable.

this might be due to MS not having the correct licences for true "forcefeedback" so they created a workaround for it.

people have been crying out to have a wheel as good as the DFP or G25 on the 360 but i dount it will ever happen due to the way the 360 forcefeedback works

but it looks like this new porshe wheel is now compatible, problem is, that my "spider sense" is telling me that it might be compatible, but i suspect that when the wheel is in a pc or ps2/3 enviroment it offers "true feedback" and when its plugged into the 360 it offers some type of converted "rumble feedback"

i would hate to spend the cash and find out that the force feedback is gash, can not seam to find any decent info on the net about it, apart from this demo video on youtube

YouTube - Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel for Xbox 360: Demo with Forza 2
Old 21 December 2008, 06:08 PM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

Do you really need the 900° ? I never get anywhere near needing to cross my arms when using the MS wheel or the DFP. The Force feedback on the MS wheel I find every bit as good as the DFP.

Don't you think people just get hung up on specs rather than just playing. My MS wheel has been a joy to use. My Forza 2 times prove it's no slouch either when it comes to being accurate.
Old 21 December 2008, 08:48 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i play LFS with 900 degree mode (or i used to until i started getting a bit bored with it)

the range of steering while travelling around an average track is as you would expect, not that high, but its linear, you get small movements around the centre equalling small movements of the wheel, and small movements on full lock equaling small movements of the wheel, i believe the smaller range wheels start ramping up the movement to a higher degree when getting near the end of travel to compensate?

saying that, on some of the drifting servers i have had a vast amount of steering lock on in places

also i remember in another league race 20 cars went barrelling into turn 2 and somebody clipped me on the rear quarter, and i had my arms crossed by quite a bit holding the slide lol.

the wheel IMO should be faster full stop, it is in PC circles
99% of people who race on the LFS servers i frequent use a wheel and pedals, the odd lunatic uses a mouse, and one chap on our race team used to use a keyboard (and **** me he was fast with an auto gearbox )

the fastest people always seamed to use the wheels with the bigger more refined range, i tried running a few races with the DFP locked into its smaller range mode (is it 270 degrees?) and it just felt horrible IMO

also have this issue, my DFP is old now, its had a hard life, the pedals have started spiking intermittently, which put me on the grass in a league race one and i was so pissed off i punched the wheel

would be nice to buy a replacement that i can use on everything, rather then buy a separate wheel, one for the 360 and another "proper" one for the PC

i realised that the porshe wheel is not quite as cheap when you specify the pedals to come with it i dont think my old pedals will suit (and they need fixed or refurbished)
i might see if i can find a cheap second hand MS wheel, maybe on fleabay, not really expecting good things from it, so reluctant to spend any money in MS direction, and strip my old DFP pedals down to see if i can replace the pots.

Last edited by StickyMicky; 21 December 2008 at 08:53 PM.