Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Component help?

Search this Thread

Old 15 December 2008, 08:13 PM
sandyRS16i
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Component help?

Looking for a bit of advice/help, really a bit of a computer spazz TBH.

Had a bit of a motherboard disater and it looks fried, so am wanting to replace it. Thing is my machine was quite old and was not a huge spec, P4, Asus board, 1GB ram (DDR), 64MB graphics card issue I have is I want to retain all my drives tho (600+Gb of HD and a DVDRW's) these are all IDE drives.

Ideally I would like a pre built/spec'd bundle (MD, CPU, RAM) as I am a bit clueless. Anybody got any links, advice etc for me? (Most of the MB's I can find are all SATA, which isn't really going to allow me to utilise my existing drives Doesnt need to be huge spec, just enough to run the drives I have, browse the net and burn DVD's etc (I have another PC for other stuff).

Any help would be gratefully recieved folks

Last edited by sandyRS16i; 15 December 2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 16 December 2008, 09:03 AM
kernel
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most motherboards still have a PATA connector or 2 you'd have to ask whom ever you sourced the PC from. Alternatively you should be able to buy external PATA disk caddies, then you can use them externally as required via USB, albeit at a slower speed.