Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

HP Pavillion DV7 series - any owners on here ?

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2008, 10:33 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Question HP Pavillion DV7 series - any owners on here ?

I'm moving to Oz in a few weeks and friend down there has said she can get me staff discount on the Oz equivalent of this.

HP Pavilion dv7-1050ea Entertainment Notebook PC (FM273EA) specifications - HP Home & Home Office products

Cost to be £545

Seems like a good deal to me, it has everything I need and more, just wondered if anyone on here owns one of these and if they had any experiences good or bad.

Cheers
Old 15 October 2008, 10:50 PM
Wizzbang
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont have that model, but have had the DV2054ea (14.1" screen) for just over two years now. Great bit of kit, it gets used as a pc (connected to a monitor, speakers and bluetooth keyboard/mouse) and is rarely switched off.

The only problem I have had (other than the bottom getting a bloody warm) is the original hard drive packed up without warning, but didnt cost much to replace with a larger capacity one.
Old 19 October 2008, 03:37 PM
shaunywrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
I'm moving to Oz in a few weeks and friend down there has said she can get me staff discount on the Oz equivalent of this.

HP Pavilion dv7-1050ea Entertainment Notebook PC (FM273EA) specifications - HP Home & Home Office products

Cost to be £545

Seems like a good deal to me, it has everything I need and more, just wondered if anyone on here owns one of these and if they had any experiences good or bad.

Cheers

I don't know exactly what models were affected, BUT i had shed loads of problems with the wireless card in my DV6--- model, when its working it's great, but it's been back to HP once already for repairs, and i'm expecting it to have to go back again soon, google DV6000 problem and you should be able to find thousands of unhappy customers all over the world! Be very cautious about buying a HP laptop, it's a known problem the world over.

Here take a look at this
Having Problems with your HP Pavilion dv6000, dv9000 or Presario v6000 series Notebook? Matt's Blog

Last edited by shaunywrx; 19 October 2008 at 03:39 PM.