Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

wi bastid fi router/vista

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2008, 10:00 AM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy wi bastid fi router/vista

first of all I am not a network person. networks are a black art to me... and I haven't picked up the 'art' lol

anyway, I have a linksys router with a 3g data card in it. connecting (or not lol) wirelessley from vaio/vista business 32 bit

When i start the router and then start vista, the laptop finds an 'unidentified router'.

I've set auto detect ip4 and ip6 ip addresses, checked the wifi b/g is the same, same channel.

when i connect a network lead from router to pc, it works and i can get to the internet.

when i restart the router and pc, the pc is not recieving any bytes, so isn't properly connected to the router.

I've set the DHCP registry stuff in here Windows Vista cannot obtain an IP address from certain routers or from certain non-Microsoft DHCP servers

the only thing I have not done is set static IP addresses

i think on the router it's 192.168.1.100-150(?) I think (DHCP again)

Should i set static ip addresses on the vista machine and then reflect these in the router? it means i probably can't go to starbucks and pick up their wifi, but i'm not bothered about that.