Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Sharing a Genuine Mobile Freebie...

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2008, 01:11 AM
NutterKam
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sharing a Genuine Mobile Freebie...

Not quite Computer related but closest category I could find - cos I just have to share this...

My nephew came to visit couple of weeks ago and we chatted about phones (as young people do - hey I aint that old!!). He told me that he got free mins and free texts every month so I said "Yeah, so what?! - everybody does!". He goes, "nah, I mean it's really free - as in I pay squat!" but I was still convinced that he was talking niaive nonsense.

It turns out that he was actually telling the truth - every month he gets like 40 mins and 200 texts for squat diddly - no contract, no top ups - nada! But then he revealed the catch. Of course, there's no such thing as free lunch!!! You get sent advertising texts everyday - like 5 or 6. Oh - and you've got to be less than 24 years old lol!! Thing is that I don't use a mobile very much - just call the missus that I'm on the way home - so maybe a minute a day? You can probably see where I'm going... sack the 15quid a month contract I thought and signed up anyway - ok, so I'm not technically 24 but I behave like an 18 year old anyway

SIM came through, popped it into phone - bingo bongo freebie mobile - no contract, no hassle! The spam that I get - doesn't bother me - used to get spammed by Tmobile all the bloody time anyway! So if anyone wants a truly free mobile service - granted that you'd have to be a fairly light user then this really is too good an opportunity to pass up! Some of you are probably genuinely young enough to qualify anyway! The service is called Blyk and I found it here !

That's it, I've done my good bit of sharing - don't say I never contribute If you're into buying music downloads and stuff like that then you'll probably like the ads anyway. Make of it what you will - it works just right for me! ... and no I don't work them either!