Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

FormMail PHP script stopped sending

Search this Thread

Old 03 August 2008, 02:05 PM
pmacFTO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FormMail PHP script stopped sending

I am trying to help a m8 who is having problems with his PHP form. It's a form clients fill in to apply for an account on his company site and it WAS sending fine then just stopped. We changed it to send to a GMail account instead and forwarded it to his office and this worked for a week or so then that also stopped sending!

Any ideas? I have looked at his hosting sites help and checked the code on my XAMPP webserver and it works ok - I wondered if the Hosting company had upgraded their PHP or something and this may have affected it but it's odd it would work then stop on 2 different email accounts!

Any ideas appreciated...I am just going to move a copy of the form to my Fasthosts site and see if it will work from there. Problem is I can't just host it anywhere as it uses certificates and SSL I think as it's a financial company so they have quite tight security for their customers.
Old 03 August 2008, 06:44 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Is it using a frmeowrk to send the mail or simply the mail() command in PHP?

If it is doing something more complicated then try creating a simple page with just :

< ? php mail("your@emailaddress.com","subject","message"); ? >

If that works then maybe check the from address the form is sending from, perhaps the mail server isn't allowing the senders address to send through it...
Old 03 August 2008, 07:01 PM
james baldwin
Scooby Regular

Indeed, a lot of the formmail scripts only allow for an email address to be used which is at the website's domain.

eg.. yourwebsite.com ---> info@yourwebsite.com would work fine, however

eg.. yourwebsite.com ---> info@gmail.com would not!