Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

OSX 10.5.4 mouse acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2008, 07:37 PM
judgejules
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OSX 10.5.4 mouse acceleration

Hi,

I'm sure that I'm going to annoy the hell out of you lot over the next few days with loads of questions about new mac stuff

As per my previous thread (which was sorted by Markus) is there any way to turn off mouse acceleration?

I would send Markus a PM, but I'm sure that others might find these threads useful at some points.

I've had a look around on the interwebs and the consensus is that I need to buy a program to do it. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Jules
Old 29 July 2008, 10:20 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

When you say "acceleration", do you mean the speed at which the pointer moves in relation to the movement of the mouse? If so then it's the "Tracking" option you need to change. You will find it here:

Applications -> System Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Mouse

That will also allow you to reassign the buttons on the mouse, Secondary Button = Right Click in Windows speak.
Old 30 July 2008, 11:35 AM
judgejules
Scooby Regular

Acceleration as in the cursor is not directly proportional to the distance the mouse moves, it automatically picks up speed of its own accord.

For example, under windows (with acceleration off) if I move the mouse an inch on my mouse mat, it moves half the screen no matter how fast or slow I cover that inch. On the mac, if I move it an inch slowly it moves a few pixels, but if I move it an inch fast, it moves the whole screen.

Is there any way to turn that off, because I've hated it since they brought it out on the PC eons ago, and have had it disabled ever since.

Thanks
Old 30 July 2008, 12:11 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

I've had a browse and the only way I've seen to do it also slows your mouse down to a crawl.