Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

PS3 Online.....

Search this Thread

Old 04 July 2008, 10:12 PM
RoadrunnerV2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry PS3 Online.....

What a load of rubbish that is!!!! I really do hope it gets better! Because right now it is slow and uninspiring!!!

I've enjoyed using the PS3 for single player gaming and video playback. So tonight I decided to try online gaming. But sadly my experience has left a bad taste in my mouth!

Tonight I decided to give MGS4 for a whirl. After setting up my wireless connection (nice an slick) and signing up to Playstation online. I looked around the online shop before I "attempted" to go online with MGS4.

Clunky online shop and slow to load graphics (playstation shop)

Annoying acceptance forms popping up everywhere (minor)

Filling in registration forms to play a game MGS4 even though I just filled in a registration form for playstation online!!! FFS

If this is what it's like for online gaming on the PS3 then they can forget it! All I want to do is play the game, not spend 45 mins downloading updates & filling in forms! This is the first time in 15 years of gaming that I decided to give up wanting to play the game because of the atrocious loading process...thanks Sony!!!

Tonight I'm downloading Grid and Bad Company (demos) and I'll try my other games, GTA4 & GT4 before passing final judgement. Right now Sony online has been a bad experience!

Last edited by RoadrunnerV2; 04 July 2008 at 10:17 PM.
Old 04 July 2008, 10:18 PM
spireite
BANNED

Originally Posted by RoadrunnerV2
What a load of rubbish that is!!!! I really do hope it gets better! Because right now it is slow and uninspiring!!!

I've enjoyed using the PS3 for single player gaming and video playback. So tonight I decided to try online gaming. But sadly my experience has left a bad taste in my mouth!

Tonight I decided to give MGS4 for a whirl. After setting up my wireless connection (nice an slick) and signing up to Playstation online. I looked around the online shop before I "attempted" to go online with MGS4.

Clunky online shop and slow to load graphics (playstation shop)

Annoying acceptance forms popping up everywhere (minor)

Filling in registration forms to play a game MGS4 even though I just filled in a registration form for playstation online!!! FFS

If this is what it's like for online gaming on the PS3 then they can forget it! All I want to do is play the game, not spend 45 mins downloading updates & filling in forms! This is the first time in 15 years of gaming that I decided to give up wanting to play the game because of the atrocious loading process...thanks Sony!!!

Tonight I'm downloading Grid and Bad Company (demos) and I'll try my other games, GTA4 & GT4 before passing final judgement. Right now Sony has ruined my gaming experience!

go look on the ps3 forum they've been slating mgs4 since it came out .
bbc is good though
but cod4 is great
Old 04 July 2008, 10:23 PM
RoadrunnerV2
Scooby Regular

Cheers

I haven't checked the forums on MSG4 but I'll take your word for it It's a shame cos the single player is fantastic!

I'll see what the demos & my other games offer online. I can imagine & hoping it's better than what I experienced tonight.
Old 04 July 2008, 10:32 PM
spireite
BANNED

Cheers

I haven't checked the forums on MSG4 but I'll take your word for it It's a shame cos the single player is fantastic!

I'll see what the demos & my other games offer online. I can imagine & hoping it's better than what I experienced tonight.

best thing you can do is try the demos before buying the game , i made the mistake of buying rainbow vegas and haze bexause of the hype and they are really crap , that said mgs4 demo is meant to be good according to ps3 forums
Old 04 July 2008, 10:43 PM
RoadrunnerV2
Scooby Regular

Good tip but I didn't even get to play MGS4 online because I was fed up (putting it nicely) with the process I had to go through to get to play the game!

Now a days, I have very little time to play games and relax. So when I want to play, I want to be able to play "now".... instead of filling out forms, waiting for updates or the games installing to hdd. If this is what next gen is all about, sadly I won't have the time to experince the new games

God! I am really ranting tonight lol!
Old 04 July 2008, 10:52 PM
spireite
BANNED

Good tip but I didn't even get to play MGS4 online because I was fed up (putting it nicely) with the process I had to go through to get to play the game!

Now a days, I have very little time to play games and relax. So when I want to play, I want to be able to play "now".... instead of filling out forms, waiting for updates or the games installing to hdd. If this is what next gen is all about, sadly I won't have the time to experince the new games

God! I am really ranting tonight lol!
i know where your coming from , if your into shooters you can't go wrong with cod4 its quite adictive