Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Cheap Compaq Laptop

Search this Thread

Old 06 June 2008, 07:08 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Cheap Compaq Laptop

Compaq n610, 1.4m processor, 512 ram, 40 gig HD, win xp

£110 delivered

cheers
Old 06 June 2008, 08:11 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi mate, sorry not been back to you, Ill take this

my PM box is full at the minute so just need to empty it

But ill defo have it

Cheers

Steve
Old 06 June 2008, 09:45 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

SOLD
Old 06 June 2008, 10:19 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

didnt you sell me this laptop ?? care to explain as i sent you a cheque in the post yesterday and we had agreed a sale.
Old 06 June 2008, 10:37 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

HA HA dont worry mate, i have more than 1.

i have 2 more in fact

yours is already packed awaiting collection

cheers bud.
Old 16 June 2008, 01:53 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

dean, can you reply to my messages pls, i've got the laptop, but the function keys dont work on the compaq, am also missing the spare battery your promised.................
Old 16 June 2008, 02:18 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

hi bud,replied, have a look in the bios, maybe the function key "function" is off.

i gave the battery to the driver as i forgot to pack it in as you say,he said he`d cellotape it onto the box

cheers
Old 16 June 2008, 02:19 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Sonic,courier is collecting yours wednesday from my house.

cheers
Old 11 July 2008, 07:01 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Dont buy anything off this pl0nker, he sold me a laptop with a dodgy battery and NEVER included the spare he promised me.

conman.
Old 11 July 2008, 07:16 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Ha Ha, people know im no conman, look at the date when you bought it and suddenly now 1 month later the battery is dodgy,YAWN.

The PM you sent me has aliented you from any good will gesture i normally do, if you had been cival i would send you 1 of 4 batteries i have,but hey,a mouthy ****** like you can go through life the way you are,the hard way.

This is the last i`ll say on the matter,im bored of your PM`s and attitude.
Old 11 July 2008, 07:44 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ash1
dean, can you reply to my messages pls, i've got the laptop, but the function keys dont work on the compaq, am also missing the spare battery your promised.................
He asked you a month ago. Looks like youve shot yourself in the foot there.
Old 11 July 2008, 07:46 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Rig
Ha Ha, people know im no conman, look at the date when you bought it and suddenly now 1 month later the battery is dodgy,YAWN.

The PM you sent me has aliented you from any good will gesture i normally do, if you had been cival i would send you 1 of 4 batteries i have,but hey,a mouthy ****** like you can go through life the way you are,the hard way.

This is the last i`ll say on the matter,im bored of your PM`s and attitude.
This makes it all clearer, I think. You can do what you like for me, but who will buy from you after youve shown yourself up like this?
Old 11 July 2008, 07:51 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

If you knew the whole story id value your input.

that post on here was a PM also,answered to by PM and by post on here.
Again, the function key problem was user error,yet threaten PM before i told him how to resolve.

So,most has been done via PM, so,without the full story,i only half value the input by you.
the 2nd battery i gave the the courier unwrapped as i forgot to wrap it with the laptop and it was a good will gesture AFTER the sale had gone thru,the buyer was to chase this up as it looks like the battery is still,prob in the original couriers van who i gave it too,he obviously hasnt stuck it to the laptop box like he said he would,buyer was to chase dhl and that was the last i heard, so presumed all was well....

so,who will buy from me, yes,but the people who have and are cival,know its all a smooth transaction.

Last edited by The Rig; 11 July 2008 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12 July 2008, 09:40 AM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Ive bought several things from the Rig, and had no problems at all

Laptop works a treat, and even came with a bigger hard drive too
Old 12 July 2008, 11:15 AM
ash1
Scooby Regular

you're a joke rig, here's the story as it is

1. Agreed sale on condition of 2nd battery being included
2. I arranged DHL courier, you either did not have the battery or could not be bothered to include in the box, why the heck would you hand it to the driver ? so either its a lie or you simply could not be bothered
3. I recieve the laptop, for someone else, so i installed updates on it, on using it a 2nd time it die's and i can only start using power only. I have two other computers and am busy with work, so not had the time to get round to this.
4. You want me to chase the courier as the battery did not arrive? thats simply taking the p1ss for something you should have done
5. on PM you have said I should buy anothe battery, they are at least £45. Get real.

Cmon face it, you're a rip off merchant. Are you going to send me another battery or not?
Old 13 July 2008, 12:43 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

amazing how dean can get away with this, i bought this computer for gift for a family friend in India and I specifically said I dont wany any problems as i want be able to do anything about it.

Was sweet as anything prior to the sale and now isn't interested.
Old 13 July 2008, 01:26 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

I havnet got away with anything, i sold you a laptop that worked, the battery was fine,you have prob used a 95w power pack on it and fried it yourself,31 yrs experience is good for knowing stuff like that.
i bet you leave negative feedback on ebay for postal delays also,
There was a mishap with the 2nd free battery i said id throw in as good will,that was unfortunate,you organised the courier,you took responsibility for that courier,so yes,its your job to follow up that problem, the contract you booked it under with dhl im guessing was your works contract so they could of sorted it no problem.

If you had of been cival i would of given you another battery,but every PM you sent me started off you conman you have screwed me over without me even knwoing any problems or replying,so my replies were hostile back.

so,no.im not giving you another battery, i dont like you after the abuse you have PM`d me.

If people think thats unfair,thats fair enough,but if someone insults me for no reason then expects me to do them a favour,no chance.
Old 13 July 2008, 03:39 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

what a pile of ****. 31 years of experience? you provided me the power supply, never had to use it until the battery packed up. what does your experience tell you?

We agreed to the additonal battery as part of the sale, nothing to do with goodwill. So stop making it you're doing me a favour.

I arranged a private courier, nothing to do with work, why didnt you include the battery in the box? why is it my problem that i have to chase the courie, is your time more valuable than mine? one simply fk up from you by being a lazy and not being bothered to put it in the box. Having said that I dont believe you gave it the courier anyway. You screw up and you want me to go chasing a battery with a national courier operator ? get real.

A new battery is £45, so either give me £45 or another battery, otherwise I'm taking action.
Old 13 July 2008, 04:00 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

I dont believe the battery is faulty.
You never had to use the power supply until the battery packed up???
The battery lasts about 1.5 hrs,SO,1 month later you say the battery has packed up,Hang on,let me go back to the car boot sale i bought that light from for which the battery has now ran out, Huf....

A new battery is £45, so either give me £45 or another battery, otherwise I'm taking action.
Ah yes,another exageration,

HP COMPAQ N600 N600C N610 N610C N620 LAPTOP BATTERY on eBay, also For Dell, Batteries, Laptop Accessories, Computing (end time 14-Jul-08 21:00:00 BST)

I`ll await the letter from your solicitor,or any other type of "action" you want to take

thanks

Last edited by The Rig; 13 July 2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 13 July 2008, 06:43 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

you're a moron who doesn't listen well, so what if i had the laptop a month ? i told you it was bought for somone else, it been switched on a couple of times, second time it shutdown and since has only powered up through supply.

you want me to shell out £30 for you selling me a laptop with a dodgy battery and not sticking to your word of a spare battery. Dont make it this is my problem.

I'll go out of my way to make it known to others on here that you're a full time pr1ck. You sell on here as there's no comeback if things dont work out.