Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Rejected Emails

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2008, 05:33 PM
Freelance Badger
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rejected Emails

Seem to be having more and more problems this year with my Emails getting bounced back - I guess because of spam filters etc - and that's including using various of my 'spare' Email accounts such as GMail which are also bounced back.

Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: Gmail tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. The error that the other server returned was: 553 553 5.1.8 Recipient address rejected by address filter. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. Thanks for your continued support. (state 14)

Is there any way to 'make' my Emails more likely to get accepted than rejected?
Old 13 April 2008, 11:33 PM
spectrum48k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Freelance Badger
Seem to be having more and more problems this year with my Emails getting bounced back - I guess because of spam filters etc - and that's including using various of my 'spare' Email accounts such as GMail which are also bounced back.

Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: Gmail tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. The error that the other server returned was: 553 553 5.1.8 Recipient address rejected by address filter. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. Thanks for your continued support. (state 14)

Is there any way to 'make' my Emails more likely to get accepted than rejected?
it could be your ISP's SMTP server has been earmarked as a known spam offender
Try sending emails via a different SMTP server - you could set one up on your computer (easy if you have WinXP Pro or something with IIS)
Old 14 April 2008, 09:04 AM
Freelance Badger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by spectrum48k
it could be your ISP's SMTP server has been earmarked as a known spam offender
Try sending emails via a different SMTP server - you could set one up on your computer (easy if you have WinXP Pro or something with IIS)

Yes I'm sure it's something like that. But this company wont accept Email from on-line accounts and I even got 2 other people to try - both on different ISPs and it bounced them back as well. Guess they really dont want any Email !
Old 14 April 2008, 09:36 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

£5.00 a year, register a domain with Google. Personal email with all the advantages of an online account.

Google Apps