Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

anyone else having issues with Leopard and NAS units/servers running SBS 2003

Search this Thread

Old 03 March 2008, 04:41 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Default anyone else having issues with Leopard and NAS units/servers running SBS 2003

cos I am with a few clients and I am buggered if I can find any solutions.

first client. server running windows SBS 2003, runs fine and dandy. Mac connected to it running 10.5.2. MFS are setup on the server and the mac can see the shares. mac attaches to the server, mounts the volumes. the first copy to the shared folder works fine. but then it seems to hang and the whole friggin server falls over. event logs on the server show various ambigious ID's, some relating to file services for macintosh, some not.

second client has various snap/iomega nas units. been running fine with a whole slew of macs running 10.4. Now with 10.5, suddenly the macs seems to ignore all permissions of files. both parent, child etc and just whack on their own permissions on files and folders, ending in a whole bunch of files that only the creator and owner on the mac can open.

anybody help....??