Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

automated email replys??

Search this Thread

Old 18 February 2008, 07:15 PM
CDF Racing
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default automated email replys??

Can someone help ,...

I am looking to set up my outlook to reply Iam away - while i am on hoilday

can someone tell me how to do this?

thanks chris
Old 18 February 2008, 10:21 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chris.f.
Can someone help ,...

I am looking to set up my outlook to reply Iam away - while i am on hoilday

can someone tell me how to do this?

thanks chris
This may help. Taken directly from the MS Office Help page:
  1. In Mail, on the Tools menu, click Out of Office Assistant. I don't see the Out of Office Assistant command
    The Out of Office Assistant command does not appear unless you are using an Exchange Server e-mail account and you are in the Mail view.
  2. Click I am currently Out of the Office.
  3. In the AutoReply only once to each sender with the following text box, type the message that you want to send to others while you are out.
  4. If you want, create rules (rule: One or more automatic actions taken on e-mail messages and meeting requests that meet certain conditions, along with any exceptions to those conditions. Rules are also referred to as filters.) to manage your incoming mail. How?
    1. On the Tools menu, click Out of Office Assistant. Note The Out of Office Assistant command does not appear unless you are using an Exchange Server e-mail account.
    2. Click Add Rule.
    3. Under When a message arrives that meets the following conditions, specify the conditions of the rule that the message must meet for the action to occur.
    4. To specify more conditions, click Advanced, select the options that you want, and then click OK.
    5. To specify that this rule must be the last one applied, select the Do not process subsequent rules check box.
    6. Under Perform these actions, select the options that you want. You can select more than one option.
    Note If you specify that a message must be deleted, rules that follow the delete rule in the list of rules in the Out of Office Assistant dialog box do not affect the message.