Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Philips LR-PC7500 sound query

Search this Thread

Old 23 December 2007, 05:51 PM
richardg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Philips LR-PC7500 sound query

I've just bought a living room mini pc and a PhilipsTV from PC World. I use windows media center/centre on another pc, so i familiar with the software. The new machine runs on vista (on which i have no experience) and cam with a 32" philips tv. I've seen it all set up in pc world working well, but i can't get any sound from the pc onto the tv. i have connected the line out 3.5 jack lead to the rear of the tv on the "sound input" sockets, and i can hear the pc when i switch from HDMI1 (the pc input to the screen) to Ext 4 (the audio input, but I can't then see anything on the screen.

I've emailed PC World, but wonder if snet is likely to be quicker!!

...and in case anyone wonders, the reason I didn't pay for the TEch Guys to install it for me is that they wanted £200 odd to hang it on the wall as well as the usual installation charge!

TIA
Old 24 December 2007, 08:45 AM
richardg
Scooby Regular

i emailed my query to "the tech guys" last night. the email included receipt number, receipt date, branch number, model number of product and serial number of product.

I've had 2 emails back so far saying they need the receipt number, the receipt date, the branch number, the product number and the serial number before they can "validate my query". Aren't Indian call centres great...
Old 24 December 2007, 02:33 PM
richardg
Scooby Regular

...to cut a long story short, the shop had set their display modeal up wrong. ...no idea what happened to the tech guys though. india must have closed for christmas already