Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Banned ??!!?!?!!!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 16 December 2007, 07:04 PM
Wizzbang
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banned ??!!?!?!!!?!?!

I have just switched my 360 on to have the usual Sunday night fun and it says that it cant connect to Live.

Done a couple of small checks, then rebooted the router, checked again and still nowt.

Run the test connection on the 360 and it fails at xboxlive, but nothing in the more info window, so I look in the window of another test and it says

"This account has been bannned for violations of the terms of use........."

WTF ??

I will not, would not, and have not modded my console or done anything that would put my Live account (or console) at risk, and now MS are saying that I have opposed the rules and have a £280 paperweight as a result.

Im not the only one too...fair few people on the xbox.com forum complaining that theyve been banned too.

What makes it worse is that Im getting a load of new games for xmas that I wont be able to use

ANGRY.........that word doesnt even come close
Old 16 December 2007, 07:16 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

you been getting a lot of bad rep recently?
Old 16 December 2007, 07:24 PM
Wizzbang
Scooby Regular

nope....not even be playing online an awful lot, and then when I have been its only been private parties with known friends.

As I stated above, there are loads of posts on the xbox.com forums with what seems like random bannings.

My console is flagging up an error stating that its been modified (as have all the folk on the above forum) even though the only people to have had my console apart are MS themselves when it went in for the RROD repair during the summer.
Old 16 December 2007, 07:37 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

did you get the exact same console back?
Old 16 December 2007, 07:44 PM
Wizzbang
Scooby Regular

yep
Old 16 December 2007, 11:42 PM
bob269
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apparently they use a time check when playing games, so the time it takes a particular check to return when the game disc is booted, it's somewhat slower when played from a dvdr backup game however its an inconsistent check, if your game disc is slightly dirty or scratched it could take a fraction of a second longer to boot, phone them up and give em a bollocking
Old 17 December 2007, 01:28 AM
Mr.Manchester
Scooby Regular

I mate of mine has had the same thing happen to him tonight, a year old console bought from new and unmodded, also banned from live.
Old 17 December 2007, 04:03 AM
Mr.Manchester
Scooby Regular

Xbox.com | Xbox LIVE Discussion - So, who else has been banned from Xbox Live for no reason??
Old 17 December 2007, 08:52 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i would be seriously pissed if mine was banned, as i really despise "flashing xbox`s" to get cheap games. this is not aimed at the OP but i cant help feeling most of the people on forums complaining have been a bit naughty somewhere along the line?

have you been playing movies from a dvd-r or anything like that?

Last edited by StickyMicky; 17 December 2007 at 08:57 AM.
Old 17 December 2007, 09:42 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

Haven't been using other people's game saves have you?

Read on another forum where the members upload game saves for each other use, and MS DL'd all the saves which contain a unique console ID - then blacklisted the lot of them...
Old 17 December 2007, 04:08 PM
Wizzbang
Scooby Regular

I have done nothing that a normal 360 hasnt done (I havent even played a legit dvd/cd let alone anything burnt)

All my games are originals as bought brand new by myself, as was my console (it did go in for repair during the summer though).

All I do is put a game on and play it (usually on live too)
Old 17 December 2007, 04:17 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Have you tried ringing them up?
Old 17 December 2007, 04:32 PM
Wizzbang
Scooby Regular

I am keeping in contact with the link posted above, and like all who have phoned MS we are being told that we are banned due to our consoles being modded full stop end of story

If you want to continue to use your live account you will have to purchase a new 360 console.

Thank you and goodbye
Old 17 December 2007, 04:36 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

In that case I would ring them again and threaten them with legal action. If you can prove that your console is in no way modified then I would think that you'd have a pretty good case for the small claims court (not just for the financials, but for defamation of character etc as well). Make 'em sweat
Old 17 December 2007, 06:03 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

just a thought, if loads of people gave you bad feedback for say glitching/exploiting in a game, would that have an effect?

they could use the "violation of terms and conditions" speech then?
Old 17 December 2007, 06:12 PM
Wizzbang
Scooby Regular

nah....everyone Ive spoken to or read about has the same Z fail code in network test.

Its THE z code that says that you have modded your console.
Old 17 December 2007, 07:10 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Give it a few days and they will bve unbanning everyone!!!

HUGE M$ error here !!
Old 17 December 2007, 07:50 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Its for reasons like these that I stay with my PC. So much freedom, so much choice to just go to a different server, or at worst a different game.

I just don't trust my hard earned with any single company.
Old 17 December 2007, 10:32 PM
Wizzbang
Scooby Regular

All fixed now....didnt feel the need to phone them up, just email the xbox director J Allard, he responded personally and made sure that my account was back up and running.

That to me is good service (in the end)
Old 18 December 2007, 08:59 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

result!

i wonder if they are banning loads and hopeing that anybody who has not modded the console complains, then they will unban them?
Old 18 December 2007, 11:46 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

FOR ALL YOU FREAKING NAYSAYERS!!!!!!!!!! LISTEN TO THIS!

My console was banned last Thursday night, Dec. 13. I called support endlessly, complaining about it. My console got banned after my Internet connection was severed by an ice storm. They kept telling me the same thing over and over, that I somehow tampered with my console. We stood our ground and today a guy from Microsoft called me and asked me to test my connection again. He asked me to tell him the story about what happened and I told him.

While I was waiting for my console to boot up and test connection, I tried to argue with him about all of the other people who have suffered the ban, and he gave me the same BS story about how every single one of them must be a modder. Well, suddenly my XBox connection worked! I told you I wasn't a freaking modder!!!!!!!!!!!! He explained to me that Internet outages, and power outages and/or surges will sometimes send FALSE POSITIVES over the line. That's right! They will register a "mod" signal from NON-MODDED consoles! I argued with him a little about everyone else, and he still stood by the "everyone is a modder" story. He then went on to explain how when they receive these "mod" signals from consoles, they go back and manually test the console over the line and he was able to remotely determine that my console WAS NOT MODDED!!!!! It only took me 8 hours on the phone with customer support to get them to believe me! I should have bitched the guy out, but I was too happy to even think about it!

I know all of you didn't have the recent bad weather cause your problem, but it just proves that NON-MODDED CONSOLES CAN SEND IN A MODDED SIGNAL!

So don't give up, guys. I know there are honest people getting the shaft and anyone who doesn't believe us can eat it!!!
Old 19 December 2007, 12:00 AM
bob269
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
FOR ALL YOU FREAKING NAYSAYERS!!!!!!!!!! LISTEN TO THIS!

My console was banned last Thursday night, Dec. 13. I called support endlessly, complaining about it. My console got banned after my Internet connection was severed by an ice storm. They kept telling me the same thing over and over, that I somehow tampered with my console. We stood our ground and today a guy from Microsoft called me and asked me to test my connection again. He asked me to tell him the story about what happened and I told him.

While I was waiting for my console to boot up and test connection, I tried to argue with him about all of the other people who have suffered the ban, and he gave me the same BS story about how every single one of them must be a modder. Well, suddenly my XBox connection worked! I told you I wasn't a freaking modder!!!!!!!!!!!! He explained to me that Internet outages, and power outages and/or surges will sometimes send FALSE POSITIVES over the line. That's right! They will register a "mod" signal from NON-MODDED consoles! I argued with him a little about everyone else, and he still stood by the "everyone is a modder" story. He then went on to explain how when they receive these "mod" signals from consoles, they go back and manually test the console over the line and he was able to remotely determine that my console WAS NOT MODDED!!!!! It only took me 8 hours on the phone with customer support to get them to believe me! I should have bitched the guy out, but I was too happy to even think about it!

I know all of you didn't have the recent bad weather cause your problem, but it just proves that NON-MODDED CONSOLES CAN SEND IN A MODDED SIGNAL!

So don't give up, guys. I know there are honest people getting the shaft and anyone who doesn't believe us can eat it!!!
So the moral of the story is to blame Virgin
Old 19 December 2007, 04:24 PM
Wizzbang
Scooby Regular

I had a phone call last night from xbox level 2 support (after I guessed their email address and sent a ****-o-gram email.

(baring in mind what Ive written a few replies up)

Tells me that my console is modded and cannot do anything, he then goes on to tell me that its a one way process and that any console that has flagged(and banned) as being modded CANNOT be returned to a non modded status.

It was at that point that I asked him who J Allard was.....he said yep, but why was it relevant.

I then had to explain to this chap that the big wig had gotten my console un banned and that the reason for many of these bans was a networking error at microsofts end.

It kinda killed the conversation off after that
Old 19 December 2007, 06:09 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

so are you banned or not?
Old 19 December 2007, 10:59 PM
Wizzbang
Scooby Regular

Nope, everything is now fine with my console and live account.