Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

DS Lite help

Search this Thread

Old 25 November 2007, 06:14 PM
All Torque
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS Lite help

Got one of these last week and have ordered a R4 as well, can`t belive how easy these are compared to the PSP I have which has the latest OE software. However when the R4 card comes I will want to use the web browser available for it among other things, problem is my DS wont find my router which is Linskys wag 54 but it will find a neighbours Netgear and will conect at low strength, it also gets switched off at times anyways. I have tried entering my router details into the DS without sucess. I have also got a Wii which conects to my router and also my PSP will with no trouble.
Old 25 November 2007, 06:27 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

We could never get our DS connected with WEP enabled, which AFAIK is the only encryption protocol it supports Didn't want to leave the network completely unencrypted so the DS stays off the web.
Old 25 November 2007, 06:34 PM
All Torque
Scooby Regular

Just messing about with it now sat right by the router which is WEP enabled and it still wont even find the router. The Netgear is not protected which it will find and connect but I have just found a WEP encrypted BT Home hub with it. Its just not finding my router at all.
Old 25 November 2007, 06:40 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Do you have MAC filtering enabled or anything? Think I also had to have SSID broadcast enabled. Think that was another quirk that I didn't like!
Old 25 November 2007, 07:07 PM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

Never got mine to work on the linksys even with SSID on and WEP ... Opera also needed a ram card or something afaik...

I'll forgive the DS this one failure.