Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Transformers....FAO Messiah

Search this Thread

Old 25 October 2007, 08:39 AM
bob269
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Transformers....FAO Messiah

Despite all the hype about Blu-ray's success, the blockbuster hit from DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures, Transformers has had a major success when it comes to both high and regular definition, selling over 100,000 HD DVDs on its first day of release and over 190,000 HD DVDs during its first week. As a result, it has become the best selling high definition title to date in either format for both day one sales and week one sales. This also makes it the best selling HD DVD ever.

Its DVD version has sold 4.5 million units on its debut day, making it also the top selling DVD day-one for the year and its sales figure has so far reached 8.3 million units since its debut. It has even made over $700 million in global box office sales.

As with many other HD releases, this title features a range of web-enabled features than can be accessed from HD DVD players connected to the Internet. So far, over 20% of consumers who bought the Transformers HD DVD have accessed its web-enabled features.

The full press release can be viewed here.

Sorry...Had to rub it in after you said you'd qualified pgr3
Old 25 October 2007, 08:52 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Christ, you would have thought that people would realise it was an absolute bag of ****e after they had seen it at the cinema

I can only assume there is some form of mind control ray that is exuded from the shelves of various outlets to make you buy it, because that the only reason any sane person would want to sit through that pile of turgid crap ever again. As a story, it is one of the worst films I have seen in years.

If you actually paid money for it on HD DVD/DVD, then you probably deserve a fate similar to that reserved for Michael Bay in film hell.

Some of the action sequences were pretty spectacular, though.
Old 25 October 2007, 09:01 AM
bob269
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's the 30 something yr olds re-living their childhood
Old 25 October 2007, 09:15 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bob269
I think it's the 30 something yr olds re-living their childhood
I'm 30 something. And if Transformers the movie represented my childhood I would have topped myself at 10.

It;s such a waste, there an excellent film out of the franchise to be had, it just needs a Director and screenplay combination with a mental age over 5.

Am please it sold well (relatively speaking) on HD DVD though.

I want all HD DVD and Bluray to sell well.
Old 25 October 2007, 09:40 AM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

I really like the film but that's what opinions are for

100" HD-DVD it's good but the fact I can see the stubble and the sexy girls top lip really put me off her
Old 25 October 2007, 09:43 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

Actually, I never had any of the toys - I'm just a CGI junkie... The trailer has been pulled from the PlayStation Store too, shame really as the PQ was very impressive.

As for the PGR3 Tourney, I'll sleep easier after 8.30 tomorrow when that 50G is in the bag!!