Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Sound issue watching TopGear on xbox via XBMC

Search this Thread

Old 08 October 2007, 03:30 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound issue watching TopGear on xbox via XBMC

Hello All,
I had totally missed the fact that TG was back, and as soon as I found out I popped over to finalgear

One issue arose though. I wanted to watch the show via my xbox, which is running XMBC (one of the T3CH builds, think I'm 2 behind the bleeding edge release). The video is fine, it's the audio I'm having a problem with. There is a very tinny kind of "dink dink dink" type sound from the audio, it's especially noticable during the montage of things to come.

I've had a quick look at the audio settings and can't figure out if there is anything I could/should tweak to help here, or if I'm just SOL. I can play the file via VLC (on Mac OS X) with no distortion in sound, so I'm guessing it might be an audio code issue.

Any suggestions/advice appreciated. I may x-post this on the FG forums if I can find a suitable place as torrent talk isn't appreciated on the episode discussion threads.