Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Latest Safari on a Mac?

Search this Thread

Old 26 September 2007, 04:33 PM
Freelance Badger
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Latest Safari on a Mac?

Anybody else using Safari 3 on their Mac ? Seems quite good. I've recently started running it and although it's not quite as 'user friendly' as Firefox at least it doesn't keep crashing which my Firefox did several times a day and needed to be re-launched which became a bit of pain.
Old 26 September 2007, 04:43 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I've only used the version of S3 that ships with the Leopard seed releases. I'm not to keen to upgrade my main browser to a beta version. If it was just the application itself then perhaps, but the webkit is also updated and that is used by things other than Safari and I have a feeling that other items have been broken by this update, though I could be wrong.

Where I have used it, it has been snappier than version 2 and it does also handle some pages that Safari 2 cannot handle correctly, which is a very good thing.
Old 26 September 2007, 04:46 PM
Freelance Badger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Markus
I've only used the version of S3 that ships with the Leopard seed releases. I'm not to keen to upgrade my main browser to a beta version. If it was just the application itself then perhaps, but the webkit is also updated and that is used by things other than Safari and I have a feeling that other items have been broken by this update, though I could be wrong.

Where I have used it, it has been snappier than version 2 and it does also handle some pages that Safari 2 cannot handle correctly, which is a very good thing.
? What other things might it have a side effect on? Not noticed anything so far....
Old 26 September 2007, 04:49 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I'm not sure if later betas address the problems, but there was mention of some Widgets being broken (those that would use Webkit I'd assume) plus there were initial problems with iTunes, but again updates to iTunes or Safari could address this. To be honest it is somewhat expected that the odd thing will break seeing as it's a beta version.

I'm waiting for 10.5 before I fully go over to it and the wait shouldn't be too long
Old 26 September 2007, 05:05 PM
Freelance Badger
Scooby Regular

Dont really use Widgets or itunes that much anyway....

Last edited by Freelance Badger; 26 September 2007 at 05:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 26 September 2007, 05:42 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

I've been using it on both my Macs since it was released, works great, sometimes crashes if I hit the back button after watching video.