Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Xbox 360 differences

Search this Thread

Old 05 August 2007, 05:11 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xbox 360 differences

What is the main difference between the 2 systems, its for my youngen.

Where is the cheapest place to get one form- any special offers on?
Old 05 August 2007, 05:35 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Between what ?

Elite & Standard ?
Old 05 August 2007, 07:09 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just do what I just done.

Search ebay and buy a faulty xbox 360 with the 3 flashing red lights (make sure the case has never been opened), then send it off to Microsoft to be repaired FOC and another two years warranty added, no receipt required.

I got an XBox Premium for £100, bargin

Oh, don't quote me on this but you can get the Xbox core which doesn't have a hard drive, then you the XBox Premium which comes with a hard drive, then comes the Elite version which comes with a bigger hard drive, black casing and hopefully won't become faulty like the previous versions.

Hope the above makes sense, sorry typed in a hurry
Old 07 August 2007, 02:28 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobLou

Search ebay and buy a faulty xbox 360 with the 3 flashing red lights (make sure the case has never been opened), then send it off to Microsoft to be repaired FOC and another two years warranty added, no receipt required.

Oh, don't quote me on this but you can get the Xbox core which doesn't have a hard drive, then you the XBox Premium which comes with a hard drive, then comes the Elite version which comes with a bigger hard drive, black casing and hopefully won't become faulty like the previous versions.

Cheers
Old 07 August 2007, 08:43 PM
molko
Scooby Regular

alright man, do you have the address of where you sent your 360 to, mine is screwed (3 red rings) but i dont know where to send it, do you also need to send a covering letter or phone up to book a repair etc ?

thanks
Old 07 August 2007, 08:49 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by molko
alright man, do you have the address of where you sent your 360 to, mine is screwed (3 red rings) but i dont know where to send it, do you also need to send a covering letter or phone up to book a repair etc ?

thanks
Hiya

You need to phone Microsoft on 0800 587 1102.

Before you phone up though follow these steps:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907534/

You need to note down the colour of the power supply light as Microsoft require you to have this information before they will help further.

They will then e-mail you a packing label. Once you have received this you need to pack up what the representive tells you to send. Then you phone UPS to arrange a pickup.

Unfortunately its about a 20 day turn around but kick up a fuss and you will get a nice freebie

Make sure you write down your serial number and when your console is returned ensure they haven't palmed you off with a refurbished unit.

HTH

Lou
Old 07 August 2007, 08:50 PM
molko
Scooby Regular

Hiya

You need to note down the colour of the power supply light as Microsoft require you to have this information before they will help further.

They will then e-mail you a packing label. Once you have received this you need to pack up what the representive tells you to send. Then you phone UPS to arrange a pickup.

Unfortunately its about a 20 day turn around but kick up a fuss and you will get a nice freebie

Make sure you write down your serial number and when your console is returned ensure they haven't palmed you off with a refurbished unit.

HTH

Lou

Nice work....cheers !

Trending Topics

Old 07 August 2007, 08:52 PM
shadower
Scooby Regular

Yep thats the way to do it just printed my label and called dhl to collect it
25day wait though
Old 08 August 2007, 07:31 AM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

just take it back to the shop and get it swapped like i did
Old 08 August 2007, 05:16 PM
molko
Scooby Regular

Hiya

HTH

Lou
HI again, are you sure you dont need the receipt ? I could do with clarification as i cant find mine...cheers

M
Old 08 August 2007, 05:19 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by molko
HI again, are you sure you dont need the receipt ? I could do with clarification as i cant find mine...cheers

M
Definately don't need the receipt mate. I don't have one and mine was collected today

Just to add they know when its been made by the serial number behind the console plus I believe that the xbox is not even 3 years old yet so are within the 3 years warranty they have just given.

Last edited by ScoobLou; 08 August 2007 at 05:22 PM.