Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Xbox 360 game save's

Search this Thread

Old 02 August 2007, 10:10 PM
gotmashed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xbox 360 game save's

Guys i sold my 360 a little while ago to make way for the new one coming out on the 24th so i could still get good money for mine Now i sold it to a mate of mine and he has kept my game saves for me on the hdd. So does anyone know if there is a way to get the games off my old one and put them on the new one.
If i was to load the game up from the save on the old xbox and put a mem card in would i then be able to save the game on to the card or would the hdd being in stop that ?
Old 02 August 2007, 10:19 PM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

The elite in the US was bundled with a cable and disc that allowed you to copy the smaller HDD to the larger one. I don't know the logistics of the copying but you will be able to do it.
Old 03 August 2007, 12:22 AM
gotmashed
Scooby Regular

Ah cool but will we poor uk buyers get that disc and cable with ours
Old 03 August 2007, 07:21 AM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

Alot of same game files are bigger than the memory card, it may work if you stick an External HD in one of the USB ports and copy on to there, i'm sure i've read somewhere that some are compatible
Old 03 August 2007, 09:30 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

You could use a mem card but some saves are console locked and wont allow it - COD2 & PDZ are 2 that I know of. The Elite should come with the transfer cable, and the seperate 120gb hdd should aslo have it. Aparently it can take quite a while though but at least you only have to do it the once...

Transfer kit is definately the way to go.

Only other alternative is to get that X-Sata thingumy that will let you make an image of the hdd onto your PC - but one of the previous dashboard updates was aimed at this to stop people copying gamesaves to boost their gamerscore.

Last edited by messiah; 03 August 2007 at 09:32 AM.
Old 03 August 2007, 10:52 AM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

ive tried the usb memory they dont work, have to get the official memory cards. some game saves are location locked so i was well miffed to find out that you can't copy them over or that you can't change the location of the save game when playing/saving a game...how mental is that
Old 05 August 2007, 07:31 PM
gotmashed
Scooby Regular

You would think that they would only be locked if you change game user as you have to sign in to your profile to load and play them anyway. That way no other user can up there game score as said above.

Trending Topics

Old 06 August 2007, 01:49 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

You would think so, but same games get locked to a particular console and others to a gamertag.

First time I got a corrupted GT I was told I had to buy a mem unit and use a 2nd account to extract the saves from the HDD. Because I wasnt on my own GT I was unable to copy some of them across - COD2, PDZ & Kameo (shows how long ago this happened!)

Other games did it by profile locking, but it was possible to hack the gamesave as it contains the original players gamertag in a Hex code, and some people were able to change it so it fooled the 360 into thinking it was their own gamesave.

This is why MS did a lot of tinkering with one of the dash updates, to stop all this gamesave swapping, I think they also vaped some people's gamerscore's while they were at it, including someone who had one at over 100k.

Some games do allow you to load other people GT's and get points for it, I caught out 1 mate who did it with Burnout, he had every event as perfect but didnt have the acheivement for 50 takedowns etc, which is basically impossible to do. I'm told you can do it in PGR3 & Oblivion also.