Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Motorstorm

Search this Thread

Old 31 July 2007, 08:52 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motorstorm

Oooh it's ace isnt it! Finally succummed and picked up a PS3 at the weekend, and Resistance hasn't even come out of the wrapper yet - It's just been Motorstorm all the way. It's so much more complex that I had given it credit for.

Well Impressed with the PS3 btw. Build quality, interface, facilites - very very impressive machine.

Going to have play with the remote play thingy with the PSP tonight.

Oh, btw, Yes, I have a 360 too, and no, this isn't a one is better than the other, thing)
Old 31 July 2007, 08:54 AM
Fantom
Scooby Regular

How on earth do you have time to play both consoles?!!!
Old 31 July 2007, 09:00 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fantom
How on earth do you have time to play both consoles?!!!
Both? There's the Wii as well y'know, Amongst others -

You do it on a game basis. You think "Tonight I have a blast on Forza" or "Right, Must have a crack at Zelda" etc. It;s no different to one console - you just have more choice
Old 31 July 2007, 09:02 AM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Don't you feel with Motorstorm that no matter how many laps the race is, it doesn't matter as everyone is always so close to one another on the last lap that you can come from the back to win (or be leading all the way through and hit one rock and everyone screams past you?).

Agree, the gfx are fantastic, and the interface is very slick. Just needs the software to use it
Old 31 July 2007, 09:12 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Neanderthal
Don't you feel with Motorstorm that no matter how many laps the race is, it doesn't matter as everyone is always so close to one another on the last lap that you can come from the back to win (or be leading all the way through and hit one rock and everyone screams past you?).

Agree, the gfx are fantastic, and the interface is very slick. Just needs the software to use it
I depends on the race I suppose, I have won by almost a full lap so there was no chance of anyone screaming by . I love the way the "Catch up" logic is an option online too, and the way it is handled with the boost bar filling at a much slower rate is genius.
There is loads of subtlety - Certain cars vehicles suited to certain tracks, certain routes on certain tracks being suited to certain vehicles. Far, Far more than I had ever given it credit for.

Loading times are utter **** though

I guess, coming from Forza, it's a nice change to play a racer where if you get it wrong, it's not the end of the race effectively. THat's not to say I don't like forza, I love it, it's just a change is good as a rest, y'know?
Old 31 July 2007, 09:47 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Been watching the Motorstorm races on X.League TV on Sky, looks like fun. Surprising how often the big rig is a better car to race than some of the smaller vehicles due to is stability, strength and good boost.
Old 31 July 2007, 10:12 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DJ Dunk
Been watching the Motorstorm races on X.League TV on Sky, looks like fun. Surprising how often the big rig is a better car to race than some of the smaller vehicles due to is stability, strength and good boost.
X League T.V almsot put me off the game. It looked too uninvolving - It's only when you play the game you realise just how difficult it is to not only get round one laop without crashing, let alone 3 - You are adjusting and timing boost all the time.

I think you can pick it up for £30, well worth a purchase IMO.

Trending Topics

Old 31 July 2007, 10:15 AM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

Pete, do you have time for sex?

Edit: Not with me! I mean with all those consoles lol
Old 31 July 2007, 10:21 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ChefDude
Pete, do you have time for sex?

Edit: Not with me! I mean with all those consoles lol
yup! Like I said, you don't really play any more than you would if you had one console, you just have more choice.