Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Outlook express problems

Search this Thread

Old 22 July 2007, 02:59 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlook express problems

Anyone offer any advice on the following problem I have with incomming email with outlook express ?? according to the status bar within outlook express I have a total off seven incomming emails, unfortuantly it seems it is stuck on email number 3 and will just not finish the d/load, keep getting the pop up box " your pop3 server has timed out etc "

is there anyway to get off these incomming emails before they are fully d/loaded ?? otherwise its going to make my outlook express service off no further use !!
Old 22 July 2007, 04:25 PM
spectrum48k
Scooby Regular

ring your internet provider - could be an issue at their end with your pop3 mailbox.
Old 22 July 2007, 05:27 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

might be an email with a large attachement

Did you sort out your other email problem with missing emails, typed up a longish reply not sure if you got sorted or not
Old 22 July 2007, 05:31 PM
kbsub
Scooby Regular

Can you access your emails thru webmail ? cos if you can take a look an delete it if necessary.
Old 22 July 2007, 06:10 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kbsub
Can you access your emails thru webmail ? cos if you can take a look an delete it if necessary.
FAO- Sonic yep fisrt off all so sorry for not getting back to you mate, really am having some time off it just now just seems to be one thing after another regards computer problems !!

okay mate at the complete risk off being a totally numpty !!! can you just advise me where I should enter the C:\Documents etc line in, say this because I just cant find a page which has this option anymore, if I go into my documents or whatver I only see a page showing the folders/ files within there and there is not an address type bar to enter these particular details.

the actual line that I have to enter is it all to be typed in upper case or just the first letter off each word ??

regards my other problem with these incomming emails, still happening ie message will not d/load, web base mail ?? not sure what you mean ?? am with wanadoo b/band do you mean log onto there home page and access my mail on there ?? something that I have never actually done, should all my outlook express emails with this wanadoo account be within there also ??

so confused and just seems to get more problems the further you try to fix things !!!!
Old 22 July 2007, 06:37 PM
kbsub
Scooby Regular

regards my other problem with these incomming emails, still happening ie message will not d/load, web base mail ?? not sure what you mean ?? am with wanadoo b/band do you mean log onto there home page and access my mail on there ?? something that I have never actually done, should all my outlook express emails with this wanadoo account be within there also ??
Yeah all your emails will go there first , then downloaded with Outlook Express . You should see the offending email , which can then be deleted
Old 22 July 2007, 06:43 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay great have now managed to sort that particular problem- thanks for that really do appreciatte your advice chaps.

okay still got the missing inbox / sent emails problem, have now managed to find the toolbar within " my documents " unfortunately this toolbar is searching the internet when the above command line is entered, anyone advise me what I need to do regards getting it to the wanted Cocuments etc command and is it deffinately lower case or what I have to type in ??

getting there guys, please do bear with me !!!

p.s strangely enough the missing emails from my inbox / sent folders off outlook express were not even available via the orange homepage, just wonder if it is a case off them being deleted by orange themselves due to too many or would they have still been with outlook express anyway even if this had of happened ??

Last edited by jono300; 22 July 2007 at 06:46 PM.