Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Continuing bluetooth dongle probs ??!!

Search this Thread

Old 20 July 2007, 01:28 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Continuing bluetooth dongle probs ??!!

Still trying to set up my Billionton class 1 long range bluetooth dongle to work with my windows xp run pc, have installed the software ( widdicom ?? ) but when run it does not detect the bluetooth dongle , the bluetooth dngle when plugged in to the usb port of the pc is detected by the found new hardware programme.

so okay sure I have rad before that windows xp service pack 2 ?? can have bluetooth software compatablty probs, if so can anyone advise me on anything further I could try ??

cheers
Old 21 July 2007, 01:11 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you tried installing the driver via the 'Device Manager'? I.e Right click the found hardware (Possibly with the Yellow Exclamation mark next to it) and choose update driver. Point this to the CD and possibly any Directories on that CD to see if it can be installed in that manner.
Or try visiting the makers Website and look up issues with the driver install. And/or download the latest driver from there website. And try it again.